A Night of Happy

My eyes flicker open and closed. After what Hugo said, I locked my door. I lay there, bored. I turn on music. I've heard this singer before. In District 12, my family has a radio so, we listen to music often. The quality is poor, but sometimes it's quality is amazing. I sing along to the song. "If I was you I'd wanna be me too, I'd wanna be me too. I'd wanna be me. Too." I love that song. It's called "Me too".

I laugh. For the first time in a while I'm happy. The song finishes and goes to a different one. I scroll through the music, to find the album of the singer who sang that song. It's called Thank You. The artist is Meghan Trainor. I turn the album on. Since I'm so happy, I order something called Popcorn. I've heard of it before. People in the Capitol eat it during celebrations.

The bag of Popcorn pops out of the machine. I grab it and take a handful. It's buttery and warm. I dig in. A new song comes on. I sing happily. "I love me. I love me. I don't know about about you but baby I love me." I countine singing until the song ends. I laugh again. "I love me.". That's the song. I smile This is the best night of my life. I order some coffee, which I've only heard of. Well once, my dad bought coffee beans for my mom, and caramel for me.

The reason he bought that stuff was because he was here. In the Capitol. I got Caramel. My mom got Coffee. Crystal got orange juice. And Charlie got chocolate covered strawberries. The coffee is priceless. It tastes amazing. I feel bliss. For the first time in a while, I have peace. On the train I was always alert, just in case Peacekeeper Ignith wanted my punishment still. At home I never slept well.

I never slept well at home because I had to worry about everything. Wether it was Dying from hunger the next day, getting sick or anything else. Here I have the bliss of quiet. I turn the music to plain country. The song "Heartbeat" by Carrie Underwood plays. I hum and lay on my bed. Tomorrow training starts. Katniss will give me tips for training. I hum softly. My bed is memory foam. This is what heaven must be like.

I turn on the Air Conditioning and turn the music off. I pull the covers down and then lay in my bed. The covers feel like silk. I don't know why I'm happy. For crying out loud I killed somebody! I laugh and then fall asleep in the silken sheets.

Hey Guys!
Wanna listen to the Music Jewel listened to? Here it is:

Me too - Meghan Trainor

I Love Me - Meghan Trainor

Heartbeat - Carrie Underwood