Fight

Astria and I walk to the hovercraft across the field. We are about to kill Elizabeth Snow. It feels like I am a murder, because look at me. I killed president snow, and several people in the Hunger Games. I run my fingers through my hair, as though I am searching for scabs to pick at. The ramp to get on to the hovercraft is steel, but very undstable. As I walk up it, a guard hands me a tag. I stare at it, confused by what it is, and why I need it. Astria just ignores that fact that the tag is something that is random and odd. We spent two days, only two days, in the civilisation of District 13, and I'm happy that I get to leave.

District 13 is strict, and if you break a rule, a punishment will be brought upon you. The rules, in my opinion, are stupid. We are allowed one helping of food. No sharing with anyone else, as though we are all equal and don't deserve more food than another. You are given a schedule each morning, and you must follow it, or you'll be punished. It's stupid, like I said before, but I guess that's the way it is. My hands are placed to my sides, and my feet are tingling. I sit on one of the benches. Peeta stands there, beside Juliena and Coin. "If you don't succeed today, we will try again and again until Elizabeth Huntvine is dead." Coin speaks through a thin smile.

I am handed a spear, and a bow-n-arrow. My hands clutch the spear, as though I have missed a blade so sharp in them. The arrows for the bow are tucked in a small bag, which hangs from my back. I taught my self to use a spear when I was 13, and then when I was 14 Kal taught me how to use a bow-n-arrow. I use the bow only when I feel lucky, or I've already killed an animal or two for food. My hair curves across my face, and tickles my chin. Me, being me, watches out the window staring at the ground below.

Peeta stares out, as though he wishes something from someone. I sit up and walk around the hovercraft. "Ms. Everin. Can you please sit? We are about five minutes away." Juliena glances at me. I nod, and walk back to my seat. Juliena and Coin talk away about something, probley plans if we don't kill Elizabeth. The hovercraft shakes. I feel stable all the sudden. My eyes glance out the window, to see we are on the ground, and landed.

The hovercraft door opens, and Juliena looks at Astria and I. "We are landed on a roof of a hospital, two blocks away from Elizabeth's home. They know that we are coming, so stay hush." Astria has a knife in hand. She brushes it ever so slightly across the bench. Her hands hold the knife tight, as if she is holding gold in her hand.

My hands slip against the door frame. It's cold, and makes me shiver. I walk out, and begin to run to steps off of the roof. Astria is already half way down them when I start running down. The metal is cold, like the door frame. I see people. Capitol people. I slow my pace, and hold my spear closer to my body. The steps end. Astria waits. "If anyone asks, say we are Huntvine's guards." I whisper into her ear. She nods and we walk out of the alleyway.

People stare at us, confused of our appearance. I hear a loud bang, and then a ringing in my ear. I pick up the pace, Astria following shortly behind me. I look at the street names on a sign above us. "Turn right." Astria mumbles. I turn right. Another loud bang, screams, then ringing. I keep the pace. I come to another corner. "Left." Astria whispers. I turn left. On this street, people block it.

Guards galore cover the street. I walk slowly to one of them. "We must see Elizabeth Huntvine." I say. He stares at me, with dark eyes. "Who are you?" He asks. "My name is Jewel and she is Ast -" I'm cut off. I hear gun shots. "Get them!" A loud scream comes from far off. The guard beside me is now shooting in the air with a gun. I run. "Hold up!" He shouts. Gun shots. Above me I see a rebellion hovercraft. Loud bang. I take a glance around. Rebels alike fight the guards.

I take too much time to look around. A bullet hits me in my spine. I hear a bang. Another bullet comes flying at me, hitting me in the shoulder. I stand still, and I see the guard in front of me. He takes my spear and my bow. He takes a knife from his belt, and makes a deep cut in my neck. I feel blood, and my bison blurs. Someone picks me up, and next thing I know, I black out.