Mockingjay's Flight

I stand in the middle of my messy room. Today the games begin. Today I die. Today is the day. Dressing myself is harder with my shaking body. I wear a Thin Black t-shirt, with a pair of athletic pants. My Stylist, Calissa will give me a jacket to wear when we get off the helicopter. Katniss knocks on my door. "Time to go." She says through the door. "Okay." I say, tears starting to fill up in my eyes.

I can't say a word as we walk up to the Helicopter. We reach the roof and I see all other 11 tributes talking with their Mentors. Katniss hands me the backpack. "Do what I did. Run from the Cornucopia. Don't die on us." She says. "Remember. Get someone out of the arena that Misson Mockingjay can trust." I nod and let go of her hand. I walk to the helicopter and get inside.

After the helicopter ride...

I am escorted by Peacekeepers to Calissa. The let go of me when we reach her. "Calissa." I smile. "Hi Flamed Jewel." She says. A jacket hangs from her hand. "This is yours, and it has your necklace too." Calissa looks at the glass elevator that leads me to the arena. I put on the jacket, clip on my necklace and hug her. "Thank you." I say, and then walk to the glass elevator. I hear the gears start pulling me up as the sixty second countdown begins.

"Sixty. Fifty Nine. Fifty Eight. Fifty Seven. Fifty Six. Fifty five. Fifty four. Fifty three." The computer voice speaks. I gather my surroundings. All I see is several towers in the distance and a giant forest. "TEN. NINE. EIGHT." The countdown gets lower. "SIX. FIVE. FOUR. THREE, TWO, ONE." The gong rings and I run. But then I see, no one runs to the cornucopia. No one is there. I turn around and run. Since no one is there, I take the best weapons. Then I look. A spear, my best weapon.

I grab several Spears and backpacks and more. I look at the terrible stuff I kept behind, and eye some food out. I take it. I hear the gong sound, one dead, eleven of us left, already. That's when I see, Reala Vinedark start running to me. I stand still. "What do you want?" I ask. "Wanna be allies?" She asks puffing. "Sure." I respond. I hand her weapons and some food. "Follow me" Reala starts running to a tower. After a while, we reach the stone tower, with nothing but vines. "Climb" Reala mutters.

She treats the vine like a rope, and climbs it perfectly. I follow, and we cut the vines. She smiles. "Each tower has stuff for us already." She points to sleeping bags layer out on the tower floor. "How did you know?" I ask. "Ran to one before I allied with you." She whispers. There are 6 towers, this is the tallest, and looks like a wreak from the outside, I notice, Reala, makes a fire on the deck in one of the steel bowls we found in the cornucopia and some wood. She smiles. "Good?" She asks.

I nod and grab the backpack that I stuffed several other back packs into. Reala grabs some from the pile that I create. Each bag has matches, food and water bottles. We make the tower like a hut for us to survive in for weeks. "Here." I hand her a walkie talkie. "So we can talk when we aren't together." "Hello?" She speaks into it, and the sound comes out mine. I laugh. Reala smiles. I hear a fight start happening in the distance, a loud one too.

The sun is still up, and the fight still lingers in the distance. It annoys me for sure, but I will never have peace again, and I know that for a fact. I lean over and eat some crackers from when of the backpacks. Reala hands me a piece of bread. "Than -" I'm cut of by a beautiful sound. I run out to the deck looking around. That's when I hear something over the fight in the distance, a mockingjay singing.