17. The Lacrosse Trial

Zayn's POV

"You should go out with Disha." I heard Marlo suggest Niall when I finished my lunch. Marlo had decided to abandon her girlfriends and sit over with us for recess time. Liam was throwing weird looks at my direction and I had no idea why. "I don't think she likes me that way. Besides, I think I'll stay single for now." Niall replied with a smile.

"Yeah, Niall's taking an oath to stay single till he joins college. Then, who knows, maybe his celebrity crush would find him and fall in love with him." Liam added with a chuckle. Niall had been single for so long because he believed that his true love, Tiffany Bruke, was going to fall in love with him. Tiffany was a famous pop-singer. She about 20, and single.

"Hey, don't make fun of me when I'm right here." Niall scolds Liam when I catch douche coming over to our table. "Hey look, your cousin's coming here." I said with a smirk. Liam turned around and Gregory smiled at him. Way to ruin a good time.

"Hey." He greeted as he sat down beside Liam. He looked at me and smiled. "Well, since you proved I'm no good for the soccer team... I got into the lacrosse team." I chuckled at that and nodded. "Good for you, buddy. The team needs good players." I told him as he nodded.

"You know, lacrosse is actually great. They had the whole team ready for this season, and I even got one of my new friends to try out for the team." He started off with that huge smile of his. Who agreed to be friends with him? He's so creepy. "Harry is very good at lacrosse. I wonder why he didn't try out before." He finished. Did he just say Harry?

"Wait, Harry Styles?" I asked him. He nodded with a smirk and stole Liam's bottle of water to take a sip. "You should come for the trail match today. It's the senior team versus the junior. We have the team ready, the coach just needs to make the final decisions. It's after school." He finished and looked at all of us.

"Yeah." I found myself saying. "I'll come."

"We never go to lacrosse matches." Niall said. I glared at him. "Well, it's senior year. Better that we do." I said. Marlo just smiled down at her food. I knew she didn't like Gregory.

"Damn Greg," Louis walked over to our table, glancing at me before looking back at douche. "Harry's been looking for you. Said he wanted you to give him some pointers for the game of yours." He said. Marlo kept her attention on her tray. Now she hated Louis too?

"Yeah Trevor, you better go before Harry dies of frustration." I said. Gregory just nodded and muttered something to Liam about Rachel before walking away with Louis. Harry and lacrosse? He never told me he liked sports. Lacrosse of all the things he could do.

"So, you going to the lacrosse game?" I heard Marlo ask me. I just nodded. "Sorry babe, I know you don't watch those matches too." I said with a small smile. She simply chuckled and leaned by my side.

"Actually, I will come." She said and looked up at me. "Tara's having these feelings for her first fuckbuddy so she was asking me if I'd come to watch their match today. He plays lacrosse too. So yeah, I'll be there too."

"That's good." I said and kissed her forehead. "The only match where you wouldn't be cheering for my team."

She just chuckled at that. I noticed Liam giving me that look again, and I tried not to think so much about it.

After recess, Marlo went her separate ways and I was stuck with Liam. Niall decided to bunk the one lecture he had with us. We didn't stop him.

I hated economics with passion. But our teacher never said anything when we talked in class so it was cool. Liam and I took seats in the last benches. "So, what happened? Did you..." Liam looked around before leaning closer and whispering, "Fuck him?"

"No." I replied bluntly. Liam just groaned in disappointment and leaned back. "Why?" He asked.

"He hadn't done it before." I said.

"Well, you could have done the damn inauguration." He replied with a chuckle. I just smiled at that.

"Yeah but... You know, I couldn't do it. I don't think the first time should be hurried or anything... You should be in love with that person." I said when the teacher walked in. I looked around to see if Harry or any of his friends were in the classroom. I spotted Disha on the second bench, but nobody else.

"You're not in love with him?" Liam asked. I gasped at that. "No, of course not." I replied. I knew I wasn't in love with Harry. That's just... No, I wasn't.

"But he's in love with you." Liam said as the teacher went on about sales of goods. "Sad." He finished before writing something down on his book.

"Wait... Harry's in love with me?" I asked him. He just rolled his eyes before looking at me. "Don't you get it? He asked you to be his boyfriend because he liked you already. Because he saw something in you and I'm sure he wants to be fucked by you."  He said. Huh.

"Well, that was blunt." I replied before turning back to my book. Harry's in love with me. I thought this was just fun for him like it was for me.

*

So we came over to watch the stupid lacrosse game after school. Marlo insisted on sitting in the front row but I wasn't going to do that. I sat at the third row beside Liam. Marlo said she'd keep Tara company and sat at the first row with some extras.

Soon a couple sat beside me and I just gave Liam a look. He chuckled at that. Niall left because he had a family dinner today and he had some preparations to do. Or, he just hated lacrosse.

"It will be such a good surprise for Harry." I heard the man beside me say. Harry?

"Yes, he'll be happy to meet you. Good thing Gemma called us." I heard the woman say. Who were these people?

"Do you think he'll hate me?" The man asked the woman. "No, you're going to be a better father figure like his biological one, Alejandro." The woman said, followed by a chuckle. Oh, my, God.

"Liam." I whispered slowly.

"What?" He said back.

"The couple beside me are Harry's parents." I whispered back. He gasped and looked at them before looking back at me.

"Harry's not lonely, I heard he has a boyfriend named Zayn now." The woman said. Yes, he did. This was marvelous. "Can't wait to meet him." The woman continued. Okay, I have to stay calm.

"Excuse me?" I said. The man looked at me. "Yes?" He said. Spanish. Okay.

"I'm Zayn Malik." I introduced myself. The lady grinned at me when she heard that. "Oh, Harry's boyfriend?" She asked. I nodded with a smile.

"You're gorgeous!" She said. I just thanked her lightly. Would the game start already?

"You should come over for dinner. I would love to have a chat with you." She continued when the teams walked to the ground with their jerseys. "Yeah, I'd like that." I said before turning over to the game. I glanced over to Marlo's row, and of course she wasn't looking at me.

"You're so fucked. This is so thrilling." Liam whispered. Yes, indeed.

Harry was stood beside Gregory as they stood at their positions. His eyes scanned through the short crowd and landed at me. Then at the couple beside me as he gasped. Probably gasped. He looked away and focused on the game.

Me too, Harry. Me too.

_________________________

So, Harry's mom and the Spanish guy are here!
Sooo did you like this chapter?
Vote and comment if you did! I read every comment!
xxSarah