43. Doomsday

November 16th, Tuesday. The day Gemma leaves.

Harry's POV

Dang it. Stupid, stupid school. I really did hope that another truck would crash in there but that's just asking for too much. Yesterday they updated on their websites, sent emails and messaged the students about the school opening today after the bee attack and the lab burning. It was a short notice, but everybody had been informed.

I couldn't even see Gemma off. She told me to take care of myself when I left for school. I told her the same. As I walked towards school, there was this sadness building up inside of me that today I would walk in to an empty house. She wouldn't be blaring her music or just sleeping on the carpet while watching a stupid soap opera. There would be plain silence.

Thankfully Marlo's pregnancy news wasn't viral. She really didn't tell anybody, so Zayn wouldn't have a hard first day. Good for him. Because the moment I opened my locker and turned around, Gregory was stood there. He was staring at me like I had murdered his whole family.

I decided to ignore him. I grabbed my books and found Louis lurking around with Disha right before the bell went off. I had Literature now with Zayn. I remembered that as I walked into Ms. Greenberg's class and greeted her with a smile as she was smiling at me.

I sat down at the back and stared at my desk when students started pouring in. Somebody sat down beside me as I looked up to see Gregory. What the fuck, go away! I wanted to yell but I tried to hold in my calm. Just then Zayn walked in, stared at us for a moment before taking a seat in front of me.

Damn it, I didn't need Gregory to ruin what we had after Marlo's big news. "What's wrong with you?" I whispered to him. He didn't say anything for a moment. "Gemma left today. Right? I really liked her. Make sure you tell her that. She's really smart. And you, didn't come to any of the lacrosse practices." He said without even looking at me.

"I was busy." I replied. I wasn't though. I think I was busy drowning in self pity. "And yeah. I'll tell her that."

"Hmm." Gregory didn't say anything after that since Ms. Greenberg had started teaching. I noticed Liam sat beside him, whispering something. I hoped they weren't discussing a theory that proved I was still with Gregory.

"Your puppy is cute." Gregory started talking again when our teacher insisted on taking down the points she had written on the board. "I know. We're lucky to have him." I replied.

"We?" He asked. "Gemma and yours I suppose."

"No." I said as I continued writing. "Zayn and mine." I couldn't help but smile at that. I said that loud enough for Zayn to hear.

"Oh." Gregory muttered. "Um, do you have a free period? Or any period that you can give up? The coach wants you on the field."
"Uh, I can give up my third period." I said. I didn't feel like attending Chemistry after the lab blew up. No thank you. "Okay. Meet the coach after your second lecture so he can get you off that. I'm giving up my third period too so we can practice, with three more guys." He said. I nodded at that.

"Alright, take a small break." Ms. Greenberg announced as she sat down on her chair. Zayn was quick to turn around and smile at Gregory.

"Hello friend. Did Marlo contact you?" He asked. Gregory smiled back at him. "No, I didn't bother calling. We're not even friends." He said. "Why? Do you miss her?" He added.

Zayn's smile vanished at that. "Not really. Does that bother you?"

"Zayn." Liam muttered as Zayn huffed. He didn't look at me, and just stared at Liam who started telling him about a match.