Chapter 17 : The Proposal

=======================================================

After what happened last night, I just wish it's not just a dream. I know it's real, but I can't believe what just happened. We confessed our feelings last night, and it was amazing. Who would've thought that the guy who makes you feel those butterflies in your stomach is finally yours... without pretending.

Today, I decided to propose.. this time, for real. I find it difficult, finding the right ring. I want a ring that was simple yet stunning. I looked for every jewelry shop but I can't find the right one until I found an old shop.

I looked at the rings on the store, all are beautiful and classy.

"Looking for a special ring?" A woman ask.

"Yes," I replied

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"It's not for a girl," I said

"Oh, have you picked any ring?"

"Not yet. All are beautiful. I want something simple yet very beautuful, just like my Timmy."

"I think I had that ring. Wait a while, mister," she said then went inside her store room.

She came back with a small box in her hands.

"Have a look," she handed me the box.

I opened it and I knew I found the one I've been looking for. It was a gold plated ring, with infinity symbols and diamonds. Perfect.

"It's amazing. Can I have it engraved?" I asked

"Of course, write it in the paper. I can have it ready for half an hour," she said

"Thanks," I said.

I left the store and call the owner of the carnival for my reservation tonight. I also told them about the fireworks display later. I ordered up some cupcakes too, where I'll put the ring. I hoped he'll like it.

=======================================================

I haven't seen the lad in the office today. Did he just changed his mind? I sent him a text but he didn't reply.

"Why not call him, sir?" Lily asked

"Hmmm?" I raised my brows

"I said, why not call Sir Johnny. You look troubled." She said

"Am I that obvious?" I asked

"Too obvious, sir. Call him," she laughed

I dialled his number and finally, he answered back.

"Hi," I starts

"Looks like someone misses me,"

"I do. Where are you?" I asked

"Somewhere north. Can I pick you up after your office work?"

"Of course"

"Can I take you to a date?"

The question make me blush

"Of course, you're my boyfriend after all. Where?" I asked

"It's a secret. Trust me. Don't forget to eat your lunch today. I am not in the office now, take Lily with you. I love you,"

"Don't prank me, Johnny. I know you. I love you too."

"Bye for now, sweetie. See you later. 5 sharp!"

"Bye," and I hung up.

"A good phone call?" Lily asked

"Yes, and because of that, the lunch's on me. Thanks!"