Chapter 3 : Blessing in Disguise

"Johnny, hold on, please! Stay awake, for goodness sake!" I cried while Denmark chase those hooligans.

I can't believe it. I just went to the other store to buy some cigarettes since Xander was too busy flirting, when all of a sudden, a group of guys on suit blocked my way and started chasing me. I ran until I saw someone and I shout for help. The guy whom I didn't know who is Johnny, stopped me and hand me the tequila bottles. He told me to bring the alcohol to the bar where he works that coincidentally, the bar where we drink. I ran as fast as I can to the bar and hope to find my friends to help Johnny. I saw Denmark, and I told him that a friend of mine is in danger for saving me. He rushed outside which caused Robin and Xander to come to me. I told them that a friend of mine was in danger, and we ran outside. That's when I saw a hooligan hitting his baseball bat on Johnny's head. Denmark fired a warning shot that sends the goons away. I dragged Robin to where Johnny lay to help him in his injury. Robin asked Xander to get his first aid kit in the car. Robin then called an ambulance which will arrive for the next 10 mins.

"Johnny, I'm so sorry" I started to cry.

"You can't help him with that. Call the police and report this incident, ASAP!" Robin ordered me.

"Den already called the police. What's taking Xander too long?" I asked nervously.

"Calm down, Tim. Just make sure to stop the bleeding while I'm checking his vitals,"

I put a cloth in his head. Damn, too many blood lost. I saw Xander running with a bag. Robin grabbed the bag and tend to Johnny's wound. The ambulance came and Robin told the driver it's an emergency. I rushed by Johnny's side when he was lifted off the ambulance.

When we arrive at the hospital where Robin worked, he talked to the attending doctor and tell him his initial findings.

Denmark came along with other police officers, waiting for my statement. Xander bought some medicines that Johnny needed while he is in treatment.

After I report what happened, Robin handed me Johnny's phone. He asked me to call Johnny's parents and tell them what happened. So I did.

"Good evening, is this Johnny's parents?" I asked.

"Yes and you are?" A woman with a soft tone answered.

"I am Timmy, Johnny's friend. He is in the hospital now, can you come over?" I asked.

"Is my son okay?"

"I'd like to talk to you personally, ma'am, please come over,"

"Okay, send me the address of the hospital and I'll come,"

I sent her the address and the name of the hospital. I am nervous how to face his mother.

I waited for someone to approach the reception area, waiting for someone to ask for a patient named Johnny Huang. When a woman asked for it, along with two young girls.

"Are you Johnny's mom?" I asked politely

"Yes. Are you the one who called earlier?" She asked and I nod.

"Follow me ma'am,"

=======================================================

"What happened? My son is a good kid, he never went to a fight unless he was threatened," Mrs. Huang told me.

"I am sorry for that, ma'am. It was really my fault. I am the one in trouble, he saved me. I am sorry ma'am" I cried.

She hugged me tight. Tapping my back, making me calm.

"It's alright, son. Don't cry. Let's pray for his speedy recovery,"

Robin entered the room, and he told us what is Johnny's condition.