35. Death Won't Do Us Part

A/N : This is angst. Please enjoy. There will be a lot of flashbacks.

        "How can he be saved?" Mafu asked the doctor, his eyes watering. "Someone have to donate the organ. But since it's high-risked, no one would donate." "I-I want to test whether my heart is the fit for the surgery or not!" "Are you sure? The probability that you or he might survive is very low. "If there is a chance, I will take it," Mafu replied, his tone confident. "Then follow me." The albino followed the doctor to the checkup room.
          "Your heart is a match with his. Do you want to donate your organ?" Mafu gulped and nodded.

*    ·     *

        They were walking down the street like usual, with Mafu complaining and Soraru playing his phone. "Just shut up already, okay?!" Soraru asked. Mafu shut his mouth and stared at the raven-haired male with big watery eyes. The words behind were startlingly obvious : You don't like me talking?  Soraru sighed and leaned down to kiss him. "No, it's just, maybe a bit too much words. I want you moaning in bed though". He smirked, savoring Mafu's wildly red face.
        "Don't think so..", Mafu trailed off when Soraru suddenly clutched his chest, his expression contorted in a mask of pain. "Soraru-san?" Soraru coughed out blood, panting in pain. "What's wrong?!" "Mafu, the hospital, call the hospital.." Mafu scrambled to get his phone, but when he turned back, Soraru is lying on the floor, painfully still. There is a lot of people surrounding him, but only some tried to help. One called the hospital while some tried to help Mafu, to comfort him. But all the albino is thinking of is the one person he loved the most, lying in front of him like the dead on the floor.

°      ·       °

          "We will start the operation now. Are you completely aware of the risks, Mafumafu-san?" Mafu nodded and stared at the male beside him. He ran his fingers through the raven-black hair of his lover's, and planting a small kiss on his forehead, he let go and walked towards the room.

I love you, Soraru-san.

**    -    **

         "I'm sorry. He has heart cancer." Mafu was shocked, his red eyes wide and frightened. "W-will he live?" The doctor looked at him steadily, his eyes filled with pity. "Only if someone with the right organ will donate. But even still, Mafumafu-san, pray for the best."

That's when Mafu realized that there is a big possibility that they will never meet again.

··      =       ··

         "Where am I?" was the first question Soraru ask when he woke up. The doctor looked at him and replied, "You're in the hospital. You just finished your surgery successfully." Soraru felt confused. "Where is Mafu?" "You mean Mafumafu-san?" Soraru nodded. Already he felt something tugging at him, like something bad happened. The doctor smiled at him pitifully.

"Mafumafu-san is dead."

      Soraru felt like he was suddenly cut free and floating. He couldn't think right. "What?" He heard himself ask and the doctor repeated his words. "Mafumafu-san donated his heart to you. Unfortunately, we can't save him." A tear slid down his cheek as he stared at the window blankly.

       "I'll leave you alone for now, but please remember that you should not be too sad. He did sacrifice his life for you." After saying that, the doctor closed the door, and left him alone.

Mafu.....

Why did you leave me alone?

I can't live without you.

      Soraru could not remember a time when Mafu isn't here with him. He needs the albino here, with him, and even that was snatched away from him....forever.

       He finally gotten the courage to do it. Soraru stood at the rooftop of the hospital, his arms spread wide open.

I'm sorry Mafu. If there isn't you, there is nothing to this live. I can't survive without you....

      "Mafu, wait for me on the other side, okay? I love you." Taking a deep breath, he stepped off the roof, and let the sky take him.