Chapter Six: Blackmail

(Aprils' version)

I managed to avoid Kira and her crew the whole day. I was last into the classroom, watching for any stray foot, and the first to leave. It didn't give her a chance to bully me or taunt me. I also tried my best to avoid Brandon ever since the morning. I didn't want to embarrass him. I guess it wouldn't be good for his reputation to be helping me. I had snuck up to the library at lunch. Thank goodness Kira hated reading!! Another little cliche. In my last school, the cruelest girl only spread gossip and scored very high grades. Kira was a perfect Mean Girl. Maybe even better. It was the last period of school, physics. I watched as the clock struck 3:30pm and the bell rang. I shot up automatically while the teacher Mrs.Hellman? Mrs Heal-mun? Well, something like that was still talking. Grabbing my books, I raced out of my classroom to my locker. Grabbing my bag and books I went to the gym where Amanda was doing some warm ups.

"Hey Amanda!"I shouted. She turned at me curiously.

"How'd you know my name? Who are you?"she asked suspiciously. I was surprised that she didn't recognize me but than again Brandon didn't either.

"It's me April, new cheerleader, I came here for the auditions yesterday...."

"April!" Amanda gasped. "Girl, you need serious closet makeover, I barely recognized you."

"Yea well.."I muttered.

"What happened to your hand!?" she asked glancing at my bandaged hand.

"That's what I'm here about,"I told her. "I'm afraid I've injured myself and I can't cheer." Amanda looked disappointed.

"I'm sorry, but can you cheer after it's healed?" she asked.

"I guess,"I muttered. "I really have to be going now, I'll start training as soon as my hand heals,"I promised. I made my way blindly across the gym and bumped into a blond figure. I gasped in horror when I saw Kira pick herself up. My bag which was knocked off me was open and my books were strewn across the floor. My gaze locked on the pink book. MY DIARY!!Kira unfortunately noticed it as well and before I had a chance to dive for it, she had picked it up.

"Well, well, well," she mocked flipping through the pages. I shut my eyes in anguish. This was definitely not good, I had all my secrets in there. I contemplated jumping Blondie but her posse was a little too big for me to handle...and I could only take on one. I watched Kira's eyes light up and knew that high school was to be my hell on earth.