Spin Off Special #2 (Part One)

Part One

"P.S. I love you"

Cherry Briggs

"Over here!" A familiar voice called out from the throngs of traveling people. He was easy to spot since he was being his usual obnoxious self. "Cherry!"

I rolled my eyes with a slight grunt before heading towards him, pulling my suitcase behind me. The idiot was drawing unnecessary attention. As the distance between us slowly decreased, my mind kept trying to figure out what exactly it was about Ashton West that I fell for.

He was good looking, sure.

Smart? When he wanted to be.

Goofy? Check.

Idiot? Definitely.

Need I say more? Anyone would be able to tell why I was wondering.

"Hey, Ash." I greeted, lacking the enthusiasm he was obviously expecting as his smile fell, and he gave me a half-hearted glare.

He crossed his arms at his chest, and I rolled my eyes at the bulging muscles he showcased. "Is that anyway to greet your best guy friend after not seeing him for a year?"

I copied his stance, raising my brow at him. "You act as if you don't call me almost every day."

"That's different," he countered, then paused. For a few seconds we remained silent, and I took it as an opportunity to study him.

He hasn't changed much since the last time I saw him. He matured some more, his face no longer holding the boyish charm he had back in high school. It was replaced by a man. A man I had no idea of how to get over. I can't remember when exactly I started harboring feelings for him, but it happened, and I have no idea what to do with it.

For years I've hidden it from him, knowing that if I acted selfishly on my feelings, there was a really high chance of ruining our friendship. And that was the last thing I wanted. I was content with how things were between us.

Yeah, sure, a tiny voice at the back of my mind scoffed.

Just then, Ashton held out his arms, smiling as he looked at me expectantly. "Come on," he said, and I followed.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head on his chest, and when his arms engulfed me in a warm hug I thought, Oh yeah, this is why.

Why I fell in love with Ashton West.

He made me feel protected. Simply being near him had always made me feel...content. Being in his arms gave me a sense of security. Always has, ever since we met.

"It's good to see you again, Ashton." I said, my voice muffled against his shirt, hating how much control he had over my feelings, yet loving how he made me feel.

"I missed you," he replied, his breath fanning my neck. "A lot."

I patted his back, and slowly pulled away. "Me too, big guy. Me too."

We smiled at each other before he reached out to my backpack which was hanging off my shoulder with one strap.

"Allow me." He said, then offered me his arm.

"Thank you." I said, slipping my own arm through his, while my other hand reached for the handle of my suitcase. "So, what's on the agenda?"

"Are you tired?" He asked, just as we stepped out of LAX.

"No."

"Good." He nodded. "Then I guess we shall start with our...duties, I guess."

I groaned then. "Ugh. Why did Maya have to make me the Maid of Honor? Couldn't Taylor have done it?"