It's not what it looks like

Camila has been doing a great job ignoring every single text message, phone calls, voicemails that I have been sending her.

I know that she has worked so hard to get back what at least a part of what we had before and I kept on testing her limits up to a point where she'll just pretend that I don't exist.

I really do love her.

I loved having her around, being my friend, being someone that I can always talk to whenever I needed help.

The relationship that we had for almost 3 years, that is something that I always cherish. I'm always thankful for.

That period of time when I had the pleasure and was lucky enough to cal her mine, was the best years of my life up until now.

I don't always know what I want ever since I broke it off with her but I know that deep down in my heart she is and will always be the only thing, only one that I will always want.

Always.

No one, not even one of the other relationships that I have been on after the one with Camila, could ever replace or be greater than the love that we had.

The love that we shared.

Lucas, well Lucas he's someone that I dated because he showed me a different view of life.

At first I thought that was something great, that I was doing something new that I wanted to live, wholeheartedly.

I have my regrets.

He said that one time would be enough for me to try and live the lifestyle that he has but then he started to keep on forcing me and forcing me. Every time I disagreed with the things that he wanted me to do, we will get in an argument until that argument turns into something violent.

He would hit me, push me into things and then the next day he will come back at my door begging for forgiveness. Promising that he will change his ways, promising that he will respect me as the person that I am but we always go back to the same old ways.

Lucas was the only guy that I kept on taking back, I don't know why but I did.

Throughout the length of our relationship, we would always end up having a point where we would break it off.

All the girls will always support me through the break ups but then I always disappointed them by taking him back.

My phone then flashed with a text message.

I quickly left the book I'm reading and shifted my attention to my phone hoping that it's Camila.

"Come outside." The text reads.

It's from him.

He followed me here in Miami too.

I hesitantly got out of my room and opened the front door to see him standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him annoyed at his presence.

"Lauren please." He begged.

"We're done Lucas, done." I stated firmly and started to close the door at his face.

"Come on, just give me one more chance." He said and stopped the door with his foot.

"What the fuck?" I scoffed, "you're bullshitting, I know it."

"I can't do this without you Lauren, please take me back." He pleaded.

I took a deep breath and opened the door once again.

"Come on, let me at least take you out for lunch or something." He insisted.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door widely for him to enter my house.

"Wait there." I gestured to the living room.

He took a seat as I went back to my room to retrieve my purse and get changed into something else.

What the fuck am I doing?

After I've done everything I needed to do, I went back downstairs where he was still waiting for me.

"You ready?" He asked as he stood up and walked up to me.

I nodded my head and left my house with him.

He opened the car door for me before getting in the driver's seat and started to drive off.

I lit a cigarette from my purse and quietly smoked the stick in his car without exchanging any word with him.

He drove the two of us up to a restaurant.

He opened the door for me once again and waited patiently as I finish my cigarette before heading in the restaurant.

He kept on acting sweet and a gentleman throughout the entirety of lunch.

He then decided that he would take me to the movies and spend some more time with me.

When we got to the mall he walked beside me and tried to hold my hand.

"No." I glared at him and moved my hand away from him.

"I'm sorry." He said and avoided my gaze.

"Just because I agreed for you to take me out to lunch and movies that doesn't mean we're back together." I stated.

"Alright, I understand." He sighed heavily.

We lined up with everyone else waiting in line as he picks out a movie for the two of us.

I can feel him moving in closer and closer next to me, his hand suddenly draped around my neck as he kept on talking about the movie that he wanted to watch.

Then I heard a familiar voice shouting my name from behind.

I looked and scanned around the area to see who it was calling me.

And that's when I saw her.

It was Camila.

Camila's here.

Camila can see him.

Camila can see the two of us together.

Sofi kept on calling out my name and waving her hand in the air and I can see Camila wanting to leave instantly when she saw me looking at her.

I took off his arm around my neck and made a move to get out of the line to talk to Camila but he grabbed my arm.

"Don't go." He said as he tightens his grip around my arm.

"I have to go and talk to her." I said and grabbed his hand.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." He said.

"How do you even know that?" I asked him, "you don't know her." I spat.

"You really pick her over me?" He scoffed.

"Any time of the day." I looked in his eyes and left him at the line as I go and try to follow Camila.

I lost track of where they went but I kept on looking around the mall, searching for the girl that I want.

The girl that I need.