Torn

I finally decided to speak to Lauren again. I just needed to make sure that she's okay and that he's not hurting her anymore.

I care about her safety and everything else.

When we had the chance to talk, she told me me that she love me. She still loves me.

I didn't know what to say or how to react to that but I knew deep down that she did, she still does.

This is why I didn't give up on her for years. She still cares even if we weren't together anymore because I know that what we had was real and it was something that you cannot just get over. It's not something you cannot just forget instantly.

It was love, real love.

We might have been young during those times but I know that what I felt was nothing compared to anything that I felt towards anybody.

And now that she wants to give it all another chance, I'm not sure whether or not our feelings will be the same towards one another or greater than what it was before.

I'm scared.

I'm terrified.

If we continue things to the way they were before this could mean that I could lose whatever is left between Lauren and I forever.

Since we have to go back to work, I've been allowing myself to enjoy the limited time that I have left with my family and often enough, Lauren comes around to visit.

Today Lauren and her family are coming around to visit before we all head off to the airport to go back to our other life.

"Mija, ellos estan aqui." My mother knocked on my door.

"I'm coming Mami." I replied and stood up from my bed to look at my reflection quickly before heading out and meeting the other family.

I descended the stairs quickly, then I was greeted by the older one who flashed a bright smile in my direction.

"Hi." I greeted and gave each member a hug.

Then I got up to Lauren.

She didn't say anything, instead she just wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug.

"So what time should we head off to the airport?" Mike, Lauren's dad asked.

"Maybe in a few minutes, Dad." Lauren replied.

"Alright then, you two get all the things you need first so we can leave sooner." He then informed us.

Lauren nodded her head quickly and then looked in my direction.

"Let's go at the back?" I asked the older one standing beside me, gesturing towards the door.

She shared a small smile and followed me close behind.

I held the door open for Lauren and waited for her to take a seat on one of the chairs outside before I slid the door shut behind me, joining her outside.

I took the seat right beside her and waited for her to speak.

I looked into her direction as she takes out her cigarette pack out of her purse and takes one of the sticks. She placed it in between her teeth and looked for her lighter.

Once she successfully lit the cigarette she took a deep breath, inhaling the chemicals before slowly releasing it with the air around us.

"So..." I sighed and shuffled around in my seat.

"Back to work soon..." She looked in my direction.

I looked at her green eyes and I could see that there's pain in them, she's hurting.

Is it because of me?

"Are you okay?" I asked her concerned.

"Yeah." She smiled trying to convince me.

"What happened?" I pressed on.

"Nothing." She stated simply and averted her gaze away from me.

"Lauren, I don't want you to be carrying this when we go back to work. I don't want you to be isolating yourself away from us and let this ruin you. Tell me what's wrong." I told her and grabbed hold of her free hand, squeezing it to reassure her.

She then returned her attention back to me and took a deep breath.

She then took her hand out of my grip and grabbed hold of the neck of her shirt.

Lauren moved the franc away from her left shoulder to the side, exposing her collar bone and part of her shoulder.

A big part of her skin is forming a bruise, the purple and bluish skin looked fresh and still tender if you were going to touch it.

"Did he do that to you?" I asked, as I try to get a closer look at the damaged.

She winced a little as my hand got in contact with the bruising.

"Yeah." She answered, a little embarrassed by it.

"I can't believe he did that to you." I shook my head.

"I don't want you to say anything to anyone though." She covered it back up again with her shirt.

"Lauren, what he's doing is not right and you know that." I told her.

"I know but..." She started and paused.

"But what?"

"You just can't say anything alright?" She then looked deeply into my eyes. "Promise me." She grabbed hold of my face and caressed it gently.

This is what I don't like to see when it comes to Lauren and the people she dates.

They treat her with no respect, like she was just their toy, someone that they can use to have that short publicity that they want.

Lauren is more than that.

Lauren is someone that should be treated with respect, someone like her should be treated with a lot of care.

She's a precious human being.

Someone with feelings.

Someone who deserves anything and everything in this world.

But none of them treated her like that.

None.

"Alright, I won't say anything." I told her reluctant about it.

I then wrapped my arms around the older woman next to me.

In this way, I feel like she's protected, no one and nothing could break her like this.

And maybe just maybe if I continue on doing this, all of her broken pieces would somehow be put back together.

Maybe she won't be perfect in other people's eyes any longer but to me no matter what happens to her, she will always be a masterpiece to me.