Chapter 5:

We spent the night talking. I remained laying on his chest, tracing my finger over his defined abs. I told him about James, my past and my father's reaction to my relationship with James. He took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. "Why don't you get closure? Look up James. Meet with him. It might help resolve any feelings you have." I looked up at him. "You wouldn't be jealous? I mean, he was my first love..." Stevie threw back his head and laughed. "No, I trust you. Besides, that was years ago. He got the boy, I got the man." he reached up and traced a line along my jaw and over my lips. "So beautiful." I blushed at this. I got up and opened the laptop on the desk in the corner. I logged onto my face book. I typed in James Bishop. A few profiles came up. I scrolled and there he was. His hair had been darkened but there was no mistaking those eyes. He had stretchers and lip piercings. I felt a pang in my heart. He really was attractive. Stevie walked past. "Oh, wow! That's him? I can see why you liked him. Maybe you shouldn't go." he chuckled and I slapped him away. A million emotions came flooding to the surface. I hovered over the Add Friend button. I was actually shaking. Stevie walked past again and clicked it. "No turning back now." he said. I sat back and rubbed my palms on my sweats. I exhaled and waited. "Come eat something. Sitting there staring is not going to make him respond quicker." I left the laptop open and was halfway through my bowl of cornflakes when the laptop pinged. I plopped the bowl down, milk spilling over the side. "Easy, tiger." Stevie said shaking his head, chuckling. It was him. He had accepted and replied. I read it out loud to Stevie.

Adam! Hey! 

Wow! This is a blast from the past. How have you been? I see the years have been kind to you. I have wanted to get in touch but was worried you would misconstrue it. I know it was hard the way we left things. I tried calling a few times but your father told me you wanted nothing to do with me. I tried for months but eventually got the hint. Is that your girlfriend? She looks lovely. I take it you are not, you know? I'm sorry for being intrusive, just curious. I've thought about you over the years. Would you like to meet up?

I had pictures up of me and Ava but never made it official. "You should go. Meet up." I looked at Stevie. He seemed totally nonplussed. I messaged James back and asked when he would like to meet. He said he was free in about an hour. I stood up and paced while waiting for his response to meeting at the coffee shop at the end of our street. "Adam, calm down! You'd swear you're meeting the queen. Do I have reason to be concerned?" I went to him and grabbed his hand. "No, Stevie, I mean after what we've shared. I know it's you I've been waiting for. I just, I'm nervous, that's all." He looked up at me and I could see he was holding back a smile. He burst out laughing. "Adam, honey, I'm fucking with you. God, you're cute when you worry." I punched him and he fell back in mock pain. I started tickling him and we laughed until my sides hurt. He gave me a long kiss. "Now, go get ready. You don't wanna be late for your date." I got up and he slapped my ass. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at him. 

I decided on dark jeans and a band tee. We were called The Dirty Susan's. It was pretty dirty, if you got the reference. I threw my leather jacket over it. I combed through my hair with my hand and Stevie came up behind me and embraced me."You look great, kiddo. Now go!" I walked down the stairs and my stomach flipped and my heart felt like it was in my throat. I thrust my hands into my pockets and walked down the street. I hesitated a few times, thinking to just run back home and hide under the covers. He was probably waiting and I needed to get this out of my system. I marched towards the coffee shop. I pushed the door open and there he was. He was just as stunning as his pictures. I walked over and his eyes lit up as he saw me. He stood up and as I stuck my hand out to shake his he went in for a hug. Well, this was awkward. I rubbed the back of my neck, lifting my shirt. He looked at the exposed skin and I felt my face go red. He gestured for me to sit. I sat down and looked at him. I was staring but I didn't care. "So, Adam? What have you been up to?" I pulled my gaze from his and fiddled with the salt shaker. "Well, I'm in a band. I opened the jacket and showed him the tee. He nearly spat out his coffee. "Really, Adam? Did you have to name it that?" I laughed. "What about you?" I asked. "Well, I actually model. I, um... also dance in a club." I wondered if he meant... "And yes, if you're wondering, it's a gay club. I make a shit ton of money. It's not too bad. I actually thought I saw you one night. I put it down to my imagination." I felt a flush rise up from my neck to my cheeks. "But, I checked out your profile and from all the girls, I thought nah, couldn't be you. So you and your girl serious?"

I shook my head. "No, she's gone to Europe. Backpacking." he nodded his head slowly drumming on the table. "So, that would make you single?" he looked up hopefully. I wasn't sure what to say. "Well, actually James, that's why I got in touch. I have sort of gotten together with someone since Ava left. It's... his name is Stevie. He suggested we meet. The thing is James. You don't know the whole story. I loved you, I was in love with you. After we got caught by my dad, I had no choice but to leave you. I never wanted to."