hatchling (short)

It has been a year yet my egg still hasn't hatched yet.
     "Hey Jack. Has your egg hatched yet?" I asked in curiosity.
     "Yeah. Why. Wait your egg hasn't hatched yet has it?" Jack said biting his lip nervously.
     "Nope. Not a thing. I'm starting to get woried." I say starting to cry.
"Hey. Hey it is okay. They say it can take over 2 years for the element dragons to hatch. Ice, water, earth, fire, wind, light, and space." Jack said as they sat on the bench.
     "I'm still going to get it checked out to make sure it is alive and well. Bye Jack." I said then kissed his cheek and left to go get my dragon egg to take to the doctor.
"Hello. I need to have my dragon egg checked. It still hasn't shown any signs that it is going to hatch. I'm really worried it isn't going to hatch." I explained to the nurse.
"Ok come this way. Now what kind of dragon is it." She asked
     "Ice." I responded.
    "Well this isn't  abnormal for an ice dragon to do this however it is rare for the ice dragons to pick someone. They went silent after the great war of dragons in the 1900s." She explained."Well she looks healthy. Just keep the egg cold. If it gets too hot ice dragons 'melt' in a since. So their wings, scales, etc will melt till there is no dragon. " she justified.
      "Ok thank you what temperature do they start to melt?" I asked.
     "90*"
     "Thanks. Bye." I said and left.