Chapter 4.

The Fast and the Qur'an are two intercessors for the servant of Allah of the day of Resurrection. 

The Fast will say: "O Lord, I prevented him from his food and desires during the day. Let me intercede for him."

The Quran will say: "O Lord, I prevented him from sleeping at night. Let me intercede for him" And their intercession will be accepted.

***

Aminah.

"Hello?" I answered confused to an unknown number. I heard someone sighing on the other side before a familiar voice spoke.

"Aminah?"

"What do you want?" I asked him with a bored sigh. I really don't know why he is calling me when I told him, I had nothing to do with him.

"I want to meet you. Come at café near your house at 5." Was all I heard before the line get cut. I was getting angry by his demanding. I am not going to meet him, not now, not ever. I don't want to see his face.

I thought it would be easy to ignore meeting Shehroz, but it wasn't. After he tell me to come at café, he message me every hour to tell me about it. I don't know what I should do. If I should go and meet him or I should stay at home, ignoring him like I planned.

****

I step in a cafe and look around. I walk on my right to corner where he was sitting doing something on his phone. Suddenly my phone vibrates, making me look down in my hands. I saw a message from him and looked up to see him already looking at me. I take few more steps to stand in front of him. He stood up and give me a smile, but I didn't bother to return it. I take my seat across him and look around

"Um... Hi." He say, trying to start conversation. I look at him blankly before slowly nodding.

"Walaikum Assalam. Can we please set this formality aside and get to the point? Why you call me here?" I asked him after rudely telling him to stop showing how respectful he is. I know I am rude to him, but he deserves it. He did so many things wrong and I will never get over it to forgive him.

"If you want it like that then fine. Tell me why are you marrying?" He asked me and I didn't miss the anger in his voice.

"What you mean? I can marry if I want, you had no right to stop me. You aren't my Dad or someone who tell me what is wrong and what is right for me. If you done then I am going." I started to get up, but stop when he grabbed my hand. I roughly pushed his hand away from mine and walk away without giving him a chance to explain himself.

Shehroz.

I slammed the door behind me. I walk up to the bed and sit down, resting my head in my hands and I heard Aminah words in my mind.

'I can marry if I want, you had no right to stop me'

I close eyes and release deep breath as I feel the anger start boiling inside. She is right, I had no right to stop her, but I can't see her marrying someone. How can I see the true love of my life, marrying someone else? I always thought the girl who ruined my life was my first and true love but I was wrong. I was only attracted toward her, but Aminah. I really love her from my heart and I can't do it.

I pick up my phone and dial the number of that person who can calm me down. Who can help me right now. After a few rings, he picks it up.

"What you want?" I heard his sleepy voice. I let a deep breath and calm myself.