one

one:

Laurent's POV

That morning I was getting mixed feelings: extremely excited and super nervous. Wanna know why? I'll tell you. My twin brother, who I hadn't seen since we were five was coming to LA to live with me.

I really couldn't hide the excitement in me, I wanted to know what he looked like, I mean I've seen his pictures over the years but pictures can't compare to reality. He should be as tall as I am and he'd been nurturing his hair into an afro just like me. Also, I heard over the years he attended culinary school and worked in a dance studio, just like me. We haven't been really close, like speaking on the phone all the time, so it made me want to spend more time with him. I wanted to know what he liked besides cooking and dancing. I wanted to know about his friends, our mother (who he lived with), our siblings, his girlfriend, his styles, his hobbies and all there was to know about him.

I wanted to be able to go out to workshop and club with him and introduce him to my friends and fans as my twin brother. I craved to do what we had missed as kids.

At the same time, I was scared. What if Larry didn't like me? What if he was so different from me and ended up disliking what I liked and deemed as fun. I mean, since we had grown up in two totally different environments and I was famous while he wasn't - though I hoped he didn't mind, the gap between our differences might be so wide and I might not be able to cover it.

It scared me.

I wanted things to be perfect when Larry met me, I wanted him to like me and enjoy the company of my friends. I wanted him to share the spotlight with me.

So, as I picked up my car key to go fetch him from the airport I only hoped, he turned out not to be too different from me.

Larry's POV

I could no believe that after all this years I about to meet my brother, my twin. I feel so happy and almost jump out of my seat in the plane because we miss out on each other's lives and I could no wait to catch up on all that has been happening with him. (No like I have no been secretly doing it).

I know my twin is very popular in LA. He a dancer and he danced for musicians like Beyonce, Missy Elliot, Chris Brown and the likes of them and I so proud of him. Back at home, I always brag about him to my friends because he make me so proud when I would watch him on TV or his videos on YouTube and even to the extent my friend use to tease me sometimes about him but that story for another day. And sometimes I wonder how we take dancing as us passion even when we far away from each other but after all, we twins.

I want to know all about my twin. I want to sit down and listen to him talk about his childhood, his teenage years, his early 20s and every single moment in his life. I want to know everything there is to know about Laurent because I feel like all I know is his picture and that he a dancer, every other thing about him is unknown like his favourite colour, what he like and no like, what he do when he no dancing, his best friend - I know most things from the interview he give but most times he would no be saying the truth - I want to know his favourite food. Oh God, when I find out his favourite food, I going to cook it for him every single day until he cries for no more.

I tap my hand on my chair handle, I feel so nervous too. What if he no like me? What if he feel so repulsed by me because I no popular like him? What if he think I too annoying or inferior or-

"Shut up, Larry," I say to myself. "He your twin and he going to like you no matter what. Just think positive."

I nod my head to Rem's - Losing My Religion as I look out of the window, and wait to see my other half.

--

I feel a tap on my leg as I open my eyes. I see a hostess smiling brightly at me, I remove my headphone and pause the song playing away on my music player.

"Yes?" I say to her.

"We have landed, Sir," She smile as me.

"Oh," I only say as I look outside and confirm it. I thank her before I stand up to grab by backpack.

People already filing out of the plane. I try to stretch but my head hit the roof of the plane. I rub my head and head out.

Author's POV

Laurent sat at the waiting area, his leg tapping away nervously on the floor. His hat tipped low to hide his face, so his fans wouldn't recognise him. It had already been announced that his brother's plane had landed and he should be walking through the gates any moment from now.

He bit his lip subconsciously and tried to focus on seeing his brother after all this years apart and not bother on whether Larry would like him or not.

He had waited a complete twenty minutes after the arrival of the plane was announced and was starting to panick. Why wasn't he out yet?

He got up from the seat and walked towards the gate. He stood on his toes and peeked through on the look out on someone that was his doppelganger. He took off his hat, totally forgetting that fans were always lurking in the shadows let alone an airport.

He looked again at the entrance when-

"Oh my God, is that Laurent?" A female voice said from behind him.

"Shit," Laurent muttered as he put his hat back on.

"It's Laurent!" Another girl screamed.

"He's so fucking hot!"

"Let's get a picture!"

And before he knew it, he was surrounded by female fans and a few males asking for autographs and pictures.

*Meanwhile*

Larry had found it hard locating his luggage and when he finally got hold of the red suitcase, he started out. But he was only a few feets away when he looked well and realised it wasn't his. His bag had a blue single stripe on the handle while this had a green stripe.

He didn't usually travel by plane so he wasn't used to double checking.

It had taken him thirty minutes to sort out everything and he was free to go. He pulled his suitcase, with his backpack on his back and headed out to search for his brother, his heart pounding away.

When Larry walked out of the gate, he looked around for Laurent but couldn't spot him. Then his eyes landed on a group of people gathered, he looked closer and realised it was a person they surrounded. Probably a celebrity.

Larry shrugged and was looking away when this person brought their head up to look at him. The person looked down and looked back up at him almost immediately, their eyes locking.

The whole world seemed to stop as they both stared at each other, staring into the same pair of eyes, same pair of face and the same heart.

A/N: Chapter one down and I hope y'all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing. Please comment what you think and vote if you like it.

Thank you. See you soon! ❤

Also, the book might seem like it was written by two peoole because of the poor English in a particular POV. But it's not. Larry is has lived in France all his life, so his English is really shaky, so even in his narrative/POV the English is going to be a little shaky.