You're Makin' Me High

an: this is a larry au, one direction does not exist in this plot

"Good gig, H." The owner of the small coffee shop said, giving the lanky Brit singer a clap on the back as he put the acoustic guitar back in his case.

"Thanks. Hope everyone liked it." Harry said with a small smile.

"You kidding? Everyone loved it! We'd love to see you her again."

After slinging his case over his shoulder, he smiled wider than ever, eyes bright. "Really? It's been so hard to get a solid gig in a while. That really means a lot."

Him and the owner exchanged a few words, which of course Harry didn't mind, but he really wanted to get home to Louis to tell him the good news. He hadn't been home in a few days on account of visiting his family for his mum's birthday, leaving Harry to himself in the house with absolutely no cuddles or kisses, and was feeling almost deprived at this point.

"Harry? You with me?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Harry's head snapped up to look at him, not even realizing he got stuck in a Louis trance.

"It was great talking to you lad, but you look tired as hell, why don't you get home?"

Harry said his goodbyes and waked out to his car and drove, no tiredness present in his body.

-

"Lou, baby! I'm home!"

Harry hung up his jacket on the hook by the door, and leaned his guitar case against the wall before sliding his shoes off and walking over to the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle from the refrigerator.

He could barely see the top of Louis' head over the couch. The T.V was blaring an old footie match that he was sure Louis had probably seen before. Harry sauntered over to the couch where his boyfriend lay, a joint between his lips. Harry let out a soft sigh, placing himself by Louis' feet and lifting them up to lay in his lap.

"Hi sweetheart. I missed you." Louis said as he took notice of Harry's presence. He puffed out a cloud of smoke before sitting up on the couch, taking Harry's face in his hands, placing a prolonged kiss on his lips.

"Guess what happened to me today?" Harry asked Louis.

"Hmm. You finally decided that I can have sugary cereal in the house?"

Harry let out a light laugh. "Never. You're teeth will rot," He said, earning a pout from Louis. "Nick, the owner of the coffee shop I played in said they'd be glad to have me back and play again!"

"Oh, baby, that's fantastic! I'm so proud of you!" Louis exclaimed as he gave Harry a big hug. "Should we celebrate? I'm sure there's a bottle of champagne around her somewhere."

Harry bit his lip as Louis leaned over and grabbed his still-lit joint from the ashtray and took another hit.

"Actually, I wanted to celebrate... in another way? I've missed you Lou." Harry said as he scooted himself into Louis' lap.

"I'd love nothing more baby, but you know I'm not always there when I'm like this. Couldn't focus on you, beautiful."

Louis pulled Harry further into his lap, tucking a curl behind his ear, then began to kiss down his neck in apology. Harry took Louis' face in his hands and brought him to his lips, gently rubbing the scruff that lined Louis' jaw as Louis slipped his tongue in between Harry's lips. It was starting to get really heated as Harry began to grind down in Louis' lap, and he could feel Louis was feeling aroused, so Harry broke the kiss to whisper in Louis' ear.