Chapter 48: Iris's POV

Prince Ian waited until everybody was gone. He craned his head like if listening and he turned to me-

"I had to sort of damage that link you and I have." He searched my eyes, his face was rather stern. I didn't like it.

"What does that mean?" I wiped my dirty hands across my thighs. It didn't matter so I had blood and dirt covering me.

"I used Eos and Ares to kind of break our bond, so it will be rather fragile. You will have difficulties connecting yourself to me. Your bond with Ezra and Thomas is still intact. I left that alone."

"Ian-" I wasn't sure if I should thank him.

He held up his hand and shook his head.

"What is done is done. In many ways it will benefit us because we wont' be mixing our abilities and we will be each unique instead of what the curse did to us. There were some side effects though-" he smiled at me, arching an eyebrow. He handed me a mirror. I had gray eyes just like him. "We could be twins." He joked.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Thanks." I grasped his hand tightly. "We will have to be careful because if others find out it could be problematic for us all."

"I will have a word with the others. We won't be discussing what happened with anybody else until we need to." Prince Ian placed his other hand over mine. "I'm glad you are back, we need all of the Guardians to make sure I can get back the throne."

"Ian I know that this was difficult. I won't fail you at all. I swear."

"I know you won't Iris." He smiled rather sadly. He averted his eyes slightly, he stood up with a deep breath. "You've got a good heart and I'm honored to know that we will be working together." he brushed my hair away from my face. "I'm sorry about what happened." He searched my eyes momentarily and he opened up the shade.

The Healers wanted to keep me to keep an eye on me but we had to get back. I didn't have time to sit and recuperate.

Prince Ian was stepping up and taking charge. He wanted all of us to go see Byron. I had been hesitant at first to see him because I knew what his reaction was going to be. It wasn't going to be pretty but I couldn't keep hiding. We had four months left until August. Prince Ian had to be ready for his coronation.

"Are you sure you can go?" Ezra looked at me. I was getting ready at Mr. Henri's house. Byron was still on Warlock territory going over some plans and negotiations with Taron. "You don't look so good."

My chest was hurting badly, and the worst part was that I looked white as snow. The gray eyes were standing out in an ugly way.

"I'm fine, just tired." I sat down taking a deep breath. My body hurt badly, it had not been a good idea to come back so early. I should have listened to the Healers.

"You can sit this out." Thomas searched my eyes. "You need to regain your energy and we have a days ride out ahead of us."

"We can travel in a car instead of horses." I cleared my throat. There was a soft knock and Prince Ian came in. He had a gold grown on his head. He was also dressed like us in black and with a red cloak.

"Never thought I would see you that in my life." Ezra commented, helping me up. I finished putting on my armor. Thomas pinned my cloak at my neck. "And that's a good look for you too." He winked at me.

The Advisors were going to travel with us and they had also let us borrow some cars. Prince Ian had a whole unit for himself and Ezra. Ezra was going to travel with him since he was the oldest. Henri, Thomas and I were in the car behind them.