Chapter 57

The next morning we left early after not getting any sleep. We had about a three days journey left. It would be faster if we could get a direct train to the mainland before getting a plane to London.

"They should be expecting us." Byron told me. He turned his head, looking over his shoulder. We were now walking to the castle. It had been a long trip. Allan had kept his word we hadn't came across any kind of trouble. He had taken care of those that were following us.

"The coronation is tomorrow morning." Byron smiled at me, taking my hand. "It will soon be over."

"I'm so glad." I sighed with relief smiling back at him. There was some movement and I raised Brielle's sword.

"We thought you two would never make it." Ezra popped up from behind a bush. "We were expecting you days ago. The coronation is in a couple of hours." he shook his head at us. His eyes flickered down to the sword but he didn't say anything. "Ian is sleeping. You two need to do the same thing."

"No. we can't be too careful. Allan is keeping his eye out."

"Allan?" Ezra lifted his eyebrows, surprised. "That's new. Go get some sleep. We will keep our eyes open. The coronation is in a matter of hours and we can't be too careful."

"No let me shower and change into my armour. I'll meet you at the front of the castle." I told Ezra. Thomas was waiting for us by the door.

"That took you guys awhile." He shook his head at us. "Byron your-"

"Byron" Someone exclaimed from inside. The giant front doors opened to reveal his fiancée. She was in her sleeping gown. She brushed past me and ran to Byron. "I've been worried about you." She took him inside, closing the doors behind her before we could say anything.

"I really don't like her." I shook my head, opening the doors. It was quite inside- as we walked up to our rooms. I showered and changed into my armour. There was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I placed Brielle's sword into the hilt at my hip. I also attached my knife.

"I'm here. Ready at your service." Max came in dressed in armour. I smiled at him excited to have him.

"We are going to patrol tonight with Ezra and Thomas." I told him, looking for my cloak. It wasn't anywhere so I settled on a black-velvet cloak that was laying on my bed. I pinned it to my throat, and motioning to Max to follow me.

"Sure." Max nodded. "Thomas's Guard is positioned North of the castle and Ezra's is South."

"Let's go find them." I told him with a smile. I was excited to have him on board. "Is Taron-?"

"He arrived three days ago." Max cleared his throat. "He wasn't happy that you weren't back."
"I bet. I'll figure it out later." I waved that aside for now. Thomas and Ezra were waiting for us.

"I heard you have Brielle's sword." Ezra reached for my hilt pulling it out. He turned it over frowning. "This is plain."

"Yes but indestructible." Thomas shook his head at him. Ezra handed it off to Thomas. Taron was also with them. Nothing was on his face. He was upset. "Forged for-"

"So you escaped from the clutches of your future wifey." Ezra laughed. I turned to Byron who was standing at the door. He was also dressed in armour.

"Yeah, she's not happy. She wants to leave tomorrow after the coronation."

"You mean she wants to get away from Iris." Ezra barked with laughter. Thomas thrusted the sword into his abdomen making bend over. At least he was no longer laughing.