Chapter 26: Change Can Be Good

THE NEXT DAY

LAUREN'S P.O.V

Tuesday, March 28th

Today was the day, the day that my life would change. For the better I think. Today my mother and little brother were moving 3,000 miles away. I put my last stack of clothes into a big cardboard box and sealed it up. Jack opened my door. He was helping me load boxes into the Crawford's big truck.

"Are you ready?" Jack asked me. I took one last look at my room.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I picked up the last box and walked out the door with Jack's right hand in my left. We met my mom and brother outside. My mom and I both chuckled and shared a long hug.

"Call me. Every day, ok?" my mom said wiping a tear off of her cheek.

"Yeah, of course." I replied.

"I love you."

"I love you too mom." I told her, my voice breaking. She hopped into the cab and kissed my forehead.

"Sissy." Jackson yelled.

"Hey buddy."

"Why aren't you coming with us?"

"Well I have things to do here. But promise me that you'll be a good boy ok?" I told him smiling while tears streamed down my face.

"But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

"I'll be a good boy. I promise."

"Ok good. I'll see you in a few months ok?"

"Ok. Bye sissy."

"Bye Jackson." I plopped him into the cab and kissed him on the cheek. I stepped away from the cab and Jack put his arm around me. We both waved as the cab drove away.