Chapter 16: Rain Drops

LATER THAT NIGHT

We were all planning to meet at the bowling alley. We bowled and ate greasy burgers. We chatted away, talked about practically everything. Then Jack looked at the clock.

"Wow eight thirty all ready." He exclaimed.

"Time flies when you're having fun." Milton said.

"Well Jack and I have to get going his mom is expecting us home before nine." I stated.

"I should probably be going as well." Milton agreed.

"Bye guys see you tomorrow." Kim said.

Jack and I headed out the door together. All of the sudden it started pouring down rain. We laughed and ran the entire way back home. Trying desperately to not get completely soaked. This of course failed and we were dripping wet.

"That was really fun!" I told him.

"Yeah it really was." He replied.

When we reached Jack's house, we stopped at the front door. I started to twist the doorknob when Jack grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want you to know that I'm really glad you transferred." He said.

"You know I wasn't at first but now I am. I'm really glad that I met you." I gave him a smile. He swept a piece of my sopping wet, red, hair behind my ear and then he rested his thumb on my cheek and grabbed my neck, right underneath my ear, with the rest of his fingers. He looked deeply into my eyes and then he kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely. I didn't want the moment to end. I wished we could've just stayed in that minute forever.