Five

Luke's POV

It's been four weeks since the car crash. Four weeks since Hannah and Ashton were put into comas. They haven't woken up yet. The baby is fine and they are checking on him everyday.

Beth is a mess. She misses Hannah and Ashton and cries all the time unless I hold her. She won't let Mike or Calum hold her, just me.

The fans have all gone mad. They are outraged that Hannah and Ashton are in comas. Some were mad that Beth didn't die. That made me mad and I put a hole in the wall.

****

"Luke." Beth says walking into my room. It's three in the morning. She usually comes in around this time due to nightmares. She climbs up into my bed with her stuffed hippo.

"I miss my mommy and daddy. When are they waking up?" Same questions every night. "I don't know. Maybe tomorrow. Do you want a sippy cup?" Same answer in reply.

She nods her head. I pick her up and carry her to the living room. Michael stumbles through the elevator with another girl to drunk to realize that I am here with Beth, again.

Calum yells at Michael for going into his room because he's trying to sleep. Michael goes to the right room and I get Beth a bottle and me a cup of juice.

I take her to the living room and we watch a movie. Calum comes out and grabs a beer and grumbles about Michael's recent behavior. I nod along as Beth finishes her cup and falls asleep.

It's the same routine every night. Nothing changes except the girl Michael comes home with and the movie we watch.

I hate it. But I do it for Beth. I don't hate that I have to take care of her. I hate the routine. She has no one. When and if Ashton and Hannah wake up nobody knows if they will even recognize her. I don't know what we are going to do with the new baby but we will figure it out.

I don't think Beth realize's what's going on. She knows mom and dad are in the hospital but she doesn't realize why they are there or what is going on. We go visit them once a day. She gives each of them a kiss and talks about her day. We go home I feed her and give her a bath and put her to bed. The same routine each day except sometimes we go to the zoo.

****

I wake up to Beth sitting in my arms watching a kids show. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it is eight o'clock. "What do you want for breakfast princess?" I ask stretching my back cracking it as she giggled.

"McDonalds." She said. I nodded and climbed out of bed pulling on a shirt and some sweatpants. I picked her up quickly and ran into her room. She got dressed and we went into the bathroom and brushed our teeth.

I braided her hair and put a rubber band on to hold it. Adding a bow as a finishing touch, I helped her pull on a light jacket and some sunglasses. I did the same and grabbed my car keys writing a note for the boys saying where we are going.

I put her in her car seat and ignore the paps that crowd my car. I climb in and speed off losing them when I get to McDonald's.

The news is on when we get in there. 'LUKE HEMMINGS NEW GUARDIAN OF ELIZABETH IRWIN AND SOON TO BE BABY IRWIN?'

'WILL ASHTON AND HANNAH EVER WAKE UP?'

'20 YEAR OLD LUKE HEMMINGS SEEN TAKING CARE OF ELIZABETH IRWIN OVER LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. IS HE HER NEW GUARDIAN?'

Beth is crying at the mention of her parents and I'm getting stressed. "Can we turn the fucking tv off? I just want to feed Beth so we can go see Hannah and Ashton?" I scream at an employee. She nods and climbs on a chair turning the tv off.