Epilogue

Luke's POV

I quickly snapped the picture. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at my kids. Dressed for their first day of public school. Beth dressed in a cute skater skirt and blouse. She wore converse and had a few pencils tucked away in her purse. Along with her phone charger I'm sure.

Jake dressed in some shorts and a graphic tee. He had on some converse and had spiked his hair up. "I'm not going to cry!" Calum said for the 50th time.

It was the first day of school for both of the kids. They had been homeschooled previously but now that Beth was going to be in 11th grade and Jake was going to be in 9th we decided to enroll them in the local high school.

"Dad I'm ready!" Jake yelled. His backpack slung over his shoulder. "Well I'm not!" I whined. "My babies are leaving. Oh Calum. What will we do during the daytime now?" I cried. "I have a few ideas." He said and winked.

I smacked his arm and he kissed my cheek. "Okay let's get a selfie." I said. "I miss Pim. Is he coming back today?" Beth said adjusting her flower crown that Mali got her for her birthday last year.

Mike moved out 5 months ago and got a job. He comes over once every two weeks for dinner and tonight happens to be his night. Nobody has heard from Ashton in a couple of years. I doubt the kids remember him. He left after that one day at the zoo.

Last time I heard anything he had moved to a different country and started doing drugs. He hasn't talked to the kids in a long time but that's okay. It's his choice not ours.

The band was over that day. He had called management and said he was done. He had such a good day we don't know what happened. We tried calling him but he never answered. He even moved out of his house.

"Yep for dinner tonight now smile!" I said pulling her close. She smiled and Jake was smirking. Calum had his arm around my waist and his other around Jake's shoulders.

"Alright let's go. Everyone in the car." Calum yelled clapping his hands. The kids raced to the car and I grabbed the keys jumping in the drivers seat. "Dad can I get a tattoo?" Beth asked at a red light. Cal and I looked sideways at each other.

"Of what baby?" Cal asked turning around to look at her. "Just some music notes. Like what I play on the cello." She said nonchalantly.

"Well I don't see a problem with that." Cal said looking at me. I nodded in agreement and pulled up in front of the school. "Alright you two. No drugs and no lovers. Don't come home pregnant or say you got someone pregnant. I think Pim is picking you guys up but I'll text you if plans change. Love you. Kisses!" I said kissing their cheeks. They waved bye and pushed each other around as they walked to the front door.

*after school*

"We're home. Cliffaconda in the house. Ouch don't hit Beth. Luke your child hit me!" Mike yelled through the house. They walked in and Beth and Jake were dying of laughter.

"Your children are evil." Mike said laughing. "Glad you think so Pim. I missed you!" Beth said hugging him tight. "I missed you most baby girl."

"Alright dinner is ready lets eat." Calum said walking in carrying the lasagna. We sat down and started to eat. "So how was your first day of school Jake?" I asked shoveling a bite of lasagna in my mouth.

He shrugged his shoulders and put some salad in his mouth. "There is this girl that supposedly likes me in my maths class. I've only been there for a day and she already likes me. What is wrong with these girls?" He asked shaking his head.

"I don't know buddy. But good luck. Beth how was your day?" Mike asked. Before she could answer the doorbell went off. I looked at Calum questioningly. "I'll get it!" Jake said wiping his face and standing up.