¤ Mood Swinger ¤

It had been a week since the incident in the cafeteria. The weekend had always been the best for Keegan because she spend it watching movies and relaxing 24/7.

It was Sunday evening, Keegan was lying down on her bed in her tiny room. The walls were painted with lime green and there was a single bed in corner of the room. The closet was to the left of her bed and there was a small study table by the window.

She was watching "Home" with interest when she was interrupted with a noise. It sounded like something was smashed. She rushed outside to see what was happening downstairs.

Her heartbeat was pulsating in an abnormal rhythm and the butterflies in her stomach were going crazy as she stepped downstairs.

Her eyes grew wide open at the sight of the broken vase lying on the floor. She stepped over it and her grey eyes landed on her dad, who had knocked off her favorite blue vase which was a gift from her grandmother when she was ten years old. She didn't want to see her parents fight and she didn't want to hear their heated arguments.

She spun around unnoticed and ran back up to her room. After grabbing a black jacket from her closet, she put it on over the black shorts and yellow shirt that she was wearing. She snuck out from the window into the backyard using the ladder. Recently, her life has been miserable, so she had prepared beforehand in case she needed a quick escape. She landed softly on the lawn and ran away without looking back, once again unknown to her parents.

She was running as fast as someone would run in a marathon. Her tears rolled freely down her cheeks as it started raining heavily. In the cold rain, she ran to escape from her parents daily quarrels.

Whenever she felt down, she ran off to her hiding place, her safe haven. It was a bench at the top of the mountain. Nearby, there was a small cottage. She sat on the bench in the heavy rain.

Keegan cried so hard that her eyes became red and puffy in a few minutes. Her thoughts were wandering to the scene when she saw her dad knocking off the vase in fury. She was terrified of her parents hurting each other.

                           ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

When the rain stopped, Xael headed towards the small mountain to see the beautiful scenery of his new town. He felt happier in this place with his new friend Logan than he was back in Florida.

He had been bored at home so he had decided to go out and look around. But then it had started to rain cats and dogs so he had to wait until the rain stopped. He was climbing up the mountain when his eyes landed on a small cottage up ahead. He walked over to it to see if anyone was there. It was then that a soft sob hits his ears.

It was the sound of a girl, crying.

For some reason, his heart started beating so loud that he could feel it thumping in his own ears. He saw the girl sitting on a bench. Her wavy black hair was flying with the wind. She was drenched and was visibly shivering

He took small steps toward the girl, he didn't want to startle her. Her face was covered with her long fingers.

"Hey, are you okay?" Xael said to the girl.

She took off her hand abruptly when his voice interrupted her.

"Oh! You again. What are you doing here?" Keegan mumbled. She didn't have the mood to talk to anyone after crying for so long.

"You, what happened? Are you alright? Were you crying just now?" He questioned, staring at her.

"No, I'm not. Are you stalking me again, after I clearly told you that it was not nice to meet you?" Keegan muttered, changing the topic. She didn't feel comfortable when people tried to dig up her problems.

"Hey, I said I'm not a stalker." Xael answered, glaring at her.

"Ah, can you just go somewhere else? Why are you disturbing me? I'm not in a mood to argue with you." She replied.

"Oh, I'm not here to argue, I just heard a girl crying as I was passing by that cottage. It was you, right?"

"No. Why would I cry? I'm a really strong girl, in case you haven't noticed." Keegan said, looking up at Xael.

Xael was wearing a green shirt with black ripped jeans and a white hood over it. He plastered on a small smile at her joke.

"I know that you're very strong. See, even now you're shivering like a mouse in this frosty air." He pulled off his hoodie and draped it over her shoulders. She looked, surprised, at Xael.

"Thanks. I've been sitting here for a while. That's why?" She explained and her lips curved upwards.

"What? Since when have you been here?" He asked, shocked.

"You don't need to know that." Keegan answered, looking away.

"What were you doing here all alone?" Xael questioned with curiosity, taking a seat on the bench near her.

"You see, I'm best friends with the rain. So when it called to me I rushed here to play with it all alone. And do you know that we were playing? 'Who can sit the longest in the rain' and the winner is obviously me because I'm strong." Keegan said in sarcastic manner.

"You are a mood swinger." He commented with a smirk.

"What does that even mean?" Keegan asked.

"It means you don't need to know that."

Keegan glared at him and pulled off his hoodie before handing it to Xael and started walking away

"Hey! Wait up!" Xael called after her. He ran to catch up with her.

"Why are you following me? You can go your way and I'll go mine." Keegan said, looking at him.

She fastened her pace and suddenly sneezed loudly.

"Why don't we go for a coffee before you leave?" Xael suggested.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Keegan asked.

"I'm always nice. You're the one who's rude and arrogant here." He replied.

"Thanks for the offer but I can't go. It's getting late and my parents would be worried about me if I 'm too late. So bye." Keegan said with a wave.

Xael stood there until Keegan was out of sight before leaving.

                          ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/N
Thanks for yur supporting. I hope you like this chapter too.. Enjoy :)