¤ Carnival ¤

Xael sat with his mom having lunch late in the afternoon at their small table infront of the kitchen.

"Xael, how's school here? I know it would be tough to live like normal after moving." Ms. Walcott, Xael's mom started questioning.

"Mom, it's great. I've made some amazing friends here and I've even met a really weird girl people call 'Loco Poco'. She's crazy sometimes but annoying too. Most of the time she's sarcastic but I like her style. She is different compared to others." Xael answered smiling at her.

"She seems funny. I really wanna meet her. Please bring her here tomorrow after school." Ms. Walcott smiled.

"By the way, mom, her name is Keegan. Don't call her 'Loco Poco' infront of her." Xael replied.

As Xael and his mom were enjoying their each other's company and catching up, Xael's phone began to buzz.

"Hey, wanna come to the carnival?" Logan questioned.

"No. Dude, I'm enjoying my afternoon with my mom." Xael replied.

"Don't be so girlish. Be ready. I'm coming there in 5." Logan rushed.

"Hey, how do you know...?" Before Xael could complete his sentence, Logan cut the line.

Xael turned back and saw his mom smiling at him.

"Mom, I should go. Logan invited me to go to the carnival. He is coming here." Xael said grabbing his coat, at the same time, they heard a car horn.

"He's here...Ah..that was fast." Xael said walking toward the door, putting on his coat.

"Okay. Have fun." His mom smiled.

When Xael opened the door, he was suprised to see that Logan was in his black Ford car.

"You're fast. By the way, how do you know my place?" Xael questioned, walking toward his friend's car.

"There isn't any place around here that I don't know." Logan said in a sarcastic way and they both laughed.

Within ten minutes, they reached a place decorated with lanterns. It was a massive space full of fun activities.

"Why here? Is this place fun?" Xael questioned as both of them got out of the car and stood infront of the big gate leading into the carnival.

"Come on, you'll like it. By the way, there's my friend Aaron, I'll be back, okay?" Logan replied with a huge smile when he saw his friend.

When Logan left, Xael sat on the bench near the ice-cream stall. The place was a little calm, Xael supposed that was because it was still early in evening.

He was staring at a little kid. The guy who looked like the kid's dad was behind him, helping him on the swing. He was laughing like he was in heaven. Xael smiled at them. He was struck by a sudden sense of sadness as memories of his dad flooded back to him.

It was when he was at ten years old. There was a carnival in their town and he went with his dad. They spent a great time together. His dad put him on the swing and pushed him fast, just as he liked. It was one of his most memorable days with his dad. He really misses him.

Suddenly his gaze fell on Keegan who was staring at the Ferris wheel. She looked content. When Xael slowly stepped toward her and tap on her shoulder, she flinched.

"Hey." Xael said with a smile on his face.

"Hi." Keegan replied.

"So, do you wanna go ride the Ferris wheel?" Xael asked her pointing infront of them.

"No, I don't. I'll feel dizzy after that." Keegan said, making lame excuse.

"You won't. Come on." Xael grabbed her hand and walked towards it. They both took a seat in the Ferris wheel.

"Are yoy afraid?" Xael asked Keegan.

"No, why should I?" Keegan replied confident.

As the ride started, Keegan stayed quiet, closing her eyes.

"See, you're scared. That's why you're closing your eyes. Come on. Don't be a kid. Open it and have fun." Xael said laughing.

Keegan opened her eyes and saw the ground far down below. She let out a loud scream and grasped Xael's arm. She stayed like that till the ride finished.

"Had fun?" Xael questioned as they both stepped off the wheel.

"Not that much...this is why I hate it." Keegan answered, touching her forehead.

"Are you okay? Do you feel dizzy? Wait a minute. I'm coming." Xael ask concerned and head toward the stall near them to purchase a bottle of water.

She sat on the bench looking up at the stars at the night sky. Suddenly her phone buzzed fron her pocket. She anwered without looking the owner of the call.

"What the hell are you doing? Come home fast." Her mom questioned in a hurry.

"I.. I'll be back in a while." Keegan replied.

"Come fast. Are you having fun while I am suffering? You're like your dad. Neither of you care about me!" She snapped.

Before Keegan could reply, her mom started yelling at her.

"It's because of you we have to fight every single day! Why can't you be normal and try to be a bit sociable? Your dad thinks that I'm the bad person here. You are such a nuisance to me now. I wish you weren't even born. Such an ungrateful child."

Keegan face turned bright red and suddenly she felt humiliated and tears began running down her face. She hung up and quickly wiped the tears before Xael came back.

"Hey, are you alright? Have some water." Xael said giving the water bottle to her.

"Are you okay? Are you crying? Did something bad happen? Who called?" Xael questioned her after wiping a tear from her cheeck.

Keegab stood up and strode towards the exit. Xael started calling her name but she didn't wait.

Tears strolled down her face and she couldn't control it. She walked out of the carnival and sat near a tree by the exit door of the carnival and buried her face in her hand.

"It gonna be fine." Xael tapped on her shoulder.

"No, it's all because of me. Why am I even here? I should just kill myself, everyone would be happy then." Keegan replied in a sorrowful way.

Xael hugged her with his strong arms. She let the sobs rack her body because she really needed someone right now. The truth was suffering alone, honestly sucked.

"Nothing's gonna be alright. She hates me. She's right. I'm an ungrateful child." She sobbed.

"Shh..." He said gently. "It's okay!"

She cried and just let his embrace comfort her.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/N
Sorry for short chapter! Anyway hope you enjoy reading it.
Leave a vote and a comment..