^ Secret ^

Keegan came home after having dinner with Xael. She was so happy with the time she spent with Xael. He had helped her to forget all her problems.

When she stepped in her house, she heard the sounds that she hated the most. The arguing of her parents. She closed the door very slowly and tried to listen to what they arguing.

“I’m sick, John, of your all drama. Tell her the truth, why I’m acting towards her like this. The truth will come out someday. You can’t hide this from her forever. She has grown up and she can understand now. Tell her!” Karen, Keegan’s mom shouted at her dad who was standing near her at kitchen table.

“Karen, can you just forget what happened between us 18 years ago? Be good to her like you would be to your own daughter. You know she loves you and thinks that you’re her real mom. If she found out the truth, that Meli died the day she was born, she’d be heartbroken. Can’t you just be good to her? I’m sure she’ll appreciate it, even if she doesn’t know that you’re her real mom. Thank you so much Karen for being with me all these years.” John’s eyes started to get blurred he gave Karen a hug.

Keegan was so surprised with the truth that her dad had been hiding from her for the past 18 years. She couldn’t accept the truth. Tears rolled down her eyes.

“Wow. You both... Did a fantastic job. Such good acting! I can’t believe it. Dad, I guess you should get an Oscar award.” Keegan came toward them, clapping her hands and giving them a sarcastic smile.

“Keegan...I was going to tell you all this...” Dad said to her.

“Yes, yes, I can see that. By the way Mr. McClellan, is that all or is there more to come?” Keegan questioned her dad in a serious tone.

“Keegan, is this the way you should talk to your dad? Apologize!” Karen demanded.

“Mom… oh sorry, Karen, I know how to deal with cheaters. He lied to me, for my whole life! What if I hadn’t overheard you today?” Keegan said to her dad, pointing an accusatory finger at him.

“Keegan. I’m sorry. I know I should have told you earlier but you were too small to understand the truth and I didn’t wanna hurt you. My daughter, Keegan. I’m sorry. Now, we should all just calm down and accept each other. And you should accept her as your mom. She is your mom.” Her dad tried to cool her down.

“No, she never will be my mom. When she started to change, I knew that she was not my mom, my mom would be much better than her. You know what she said to me. All those cruel words, I couldn’t even bear to hear them. Thank god I realized that you’re not my mom.” Keegan said everything she wanted to say and ran out the front door. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

“I knew this would happen. That’s why I told you tell her everything but you never…” Karen was yelling at John when, they suddenly heard a loud noise from outside.

They both rushed out and saw Keegan lying on the middle of the road, covered in blood. A car screeched to a halt a few meters away from her. The door opened, and Hayden staggered out. She was by Keegan’s side in seconds.

“Keegan..oh my god.. I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry. Please stay awake,” Hayden took Keegan’s hand and started crying.

“John.. Keegan.. Call an ambulance! Hurry!” Karen said to John, pushing him towards the house. She tried took her other hand and started talking to her.

“Keegan. I’m so sorry. For everything, please be okay,” Karen’s voice cracked.

It didn’t take long for the ambulance to arrive. They quickly piled inside, everyone hoping for the best. When they reached the hospital, Keegan was immediately rushed into the ER. Hayden was pacing back and forth in front of the room, while Karen tried to console John.

Suddenly remembering something, Hayden pulled out her phone. After dialing a number, she put it to her ear.
“Xael! Thank god you picked up! I have something to tell you.”

                              ********

After a week, Keegan was released from the hospital. Her left leg was bandaged and the doctor had said that it would take a few more weeks to fully recover.

She still didn’t know who had hit her. The only thing she remembered was that a car had hit her.

After that accident, her mom apologized to her for being so horrible the last few months. Keegan forgave her mom & dad just because she wanted a better life than this and wanted to move on and see what it felt like to be optimistic for once.

Keegan and Xael had become even closer friends after her accident. He visited her every day. For the first few days, he seemed really mad. More than once, she heard Xael whisper-shouting at someone over the phone while he thought she was asleep. Although she was curious to know what it was about, she didn’t ask. She figured he’d tell her when he wanted to.

Xael’s mom visited her too and she and Keegan’s mom became fast friends.
Slowly, everything returned to normal in Keegan’s and Xael’s lives.

                             *******

A/N
Hows the love part with Xael and Keegan?? Its just started. So keep reading till the end, i m sure u will love it...btw great news guys, finally the story has reached the end. Now only 2 chapters remaining. Hope you guys love it!!!!
Keep reading, vote n comment!!
Thanks all for the support.
Have a great day ahead, take care and love you alll!!! 😊❤❤