The Blindness of Truth

Your P.O.V

Everyone gathers around me as we sit in the main room of the small cottage. I am embarrassed and unsure what to say, so I just sit with a blank expression staring off at the wall. "Have you lost your mind!" Someone shouts.

"Do you have a death wish?" Another cries.

"You kidnapped the bloody Queen of Kouka Kingdom, Soo-won's wife!" People continue to scream, but I am too dazed to place voices to faces. They all blend together. "The King will come for us and kill us all! It is probably a trap to have us all slaughtered in cold blood!" But, at this remark, my attention returns to the room and the chatter around me.

"Do not make such horrendous and vile accusations of me!" I shout in aggression. "I was unaware that Soo-won had the intention of imprisoning his old friends and when I found out the truth I acted immediately. I know King Soo-won murdered the late King Ill and that is why I am here." I spend the next few minutes explaining to the group the same information I gave to Mundok, Yona and Hak. I finish my address stating, "I asked Yona and Hak to bring me with them on their travels because I wish to save both this Kingdom and King Soo-won." The room falls on silence. Everyone is too taken aback to speak.

"If what you speak is the truth, than it seems we have found our purpose." Kija states as he looks over to Yona. It is obvious to everyone how much Soo-won means to the Princess. I am glad that I have managed to keep their trust and loyalty.

"We do not think any different of you Lady (l/n). We wish to follow you and protect you all the same, so do not worry." Zeno approaches me and hugs me tightly. I feel at ease again, but I can't help but feel as if everyone is treating me differently now. Their balance shifts out of nervousness and an air of unrest and tension covers the room. They refuse to make eye contact and my heart aches.

"It's just (f/n), call me (f/n). I still desire to be your family and your equal. I do not want special treatment because in my eyes you are all incredibly brave and kind people. Treat me as you would treat any other friend. I am not a Queen anymore. I am your comrade and a soldier for the same cause as you." I reiterate with a sweet smile. I hold out my hand and I feel the faces around me light up. The tension is gone and replaced with comfort and bliss. Everyone cheers and erupts in celebration. Jae-ha approaches me with a star struck expression on his face. He takes my hand and kisses the top of it.

"How am I to treat you as a friend when it seems I have already fallen for your immeasurable beauty?" He purrs. At the pronunciation of his last word, Hak grabs him by the collar and stares deeply into his eyes with a beastly gaze. A tinge of jealously is visible due to the light blush across his cheeks. With a cheeky and condescending expression, Jae-ha replies,

"Okay... Okay... I get it! You've already claimed her for yourself." Hak lets go of Jae-ha and his eyes widen. "But, don't think I'll go down without a fight." Hak snickers and raises an eyebrow at Jae-ha. He crosses his arms and then speaks,

"You can have her! Why would I have any interest in a weak, fragile, spoiled brat like that." He laughs at his snide comment. I feel my blood boil and a fiery aura surrounds me.

"And why would I ever take interest in a thick-skulled, primitive gorilla like you." I stomp away in frustration, my steps shaking the floor as I walk. I hear Kija giggle behind me.

"Primitive! Gorilla! Ha!" He begins to roll on the floor laughing. Annoyed, Hak retorts,

"Shut it, white snake!" Hak looks after me with regret in his eyes.