The First Move

Hak's P.O.V

I am startled out of my slumber by a loud crackling sound coming from just beyond the cottage's walls. I wander outside, irritated by the unnerving ruckus. To my surprise, I find Yona practicing her archery on an unsuspecting victim, a nearby tree. Luckily for the tree, she is still a pathetic shot. I snicker under my breath. I begin to walk towards Yona and push through the last few branches before I realize that she has an audience. (f/n) sits perched on a nearby fallen tree, intently watching Yona's every move. I chuckle to myself. Quietly, I sneak up behind (f/n) until I am standing just a few centimetres from her still back. "Well aren't you two off to a perky start this morning." I exaggeratedly bellow. Yona flails in surprise. Her bow clattering to the ground in a torrent of terror. I chuckle again at my wittiness. I look towards (f/n) who remains un-phased by my assault. "You knew I was there the entire time, damn spacial sense." She rolls her eyes and continues to ignore my chagrin. "You're boring." I jest and she continues to stare intently at Yona as she re-equips her bow and proceeds to practice.

An idea comes to my mind. What better way to get her attention then to impress her. "Unfortunately, Yona is a miserable shot and is 100 years too late to compete with my skill. If you wanted to observe true archery then you need ask." I saunter towards Yona, gripping my large hands around the fragile wooden bow. I yank it from Yona's delicate grasp and she responds with a shrill 'hey'. I raise the bow until it's pressed against my face, the target aligned perfectly in my sight. I increase the tension in my elbow and release the built up pressure. The arrow flies crisply through the air landing perfectly in the centre of the target with a crackle. "Perfect shot." I gloat.

"You're just showing off." Yona taunts as she sticks out her tongue in spite. But, her face soon contorts into surprise. At the same time the rest of the group finds their way to our position, chatting casually. They, too, turn their gazes towards me in astonishment. (f/n) stomps in my direction with pure and utter irritation plastered across her face. She rips the bow from my tight grasp. In a matter of seconds she has the bow raised and aimed towards the target. Her posture is unnervingly elegant, the image of a true warrior. She releases and her arrow splits mine in half with a piercing crack. Then, she side steps around me and rolls to the left behind the log she had once been sitting on. Again, she raises her bow and releases even faster than the first time. She splits both of our arrows directly in half, splinters flying wildly in the air. "Anyone can hit a target with enough practice. I wasn't watching to learn, Mundok taught me enough. I was observing Yona because she emanates an aura of strength, determination and fiery passion, which are rare and beautiful qualities. Much unlike the brutish gorilla whose only qualities are violence and arrogance." She hands the bow back to Yona and returns to her seat on the log. The rest of the group stands behind me and erupts into hysterical laughter, clutching their chests and falling to their knees.

"This girl's definitely one of a kind." Jae-ha squeals like a child.

"The great thunder beast was made a complete fool by a little girl." Kija taunts, tears pouring from his eyes.

"Shut up, stupid snake." I snap. A crimson blush floods my cheeks. I hide my face as I rush away. My heart is beating at an immeasurable rate. This girl gets more and more interesting each day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your P.O.V

The sun begins to dip gently below the horizon. The muted chirp of crickets dusts the landscape. We had all gathered for dinner and now we were sitting under the cover of dusk chatting amongst ourselves. I look towards Shin-ah in wonder. A cloud of mystery surrounds him. My curiosity causes my mind to wonder and I drift into the land of daydreams. A blur of questions clutters my mind. "You know it's rude to stare." Hak taunts crudely, bringing me out of my daze. I give him a light punch to the shoulder. I edge closer towards Shin-ah.