Chapter Twenty

I sat on the couch, tears filling my eyes.

"Joey," I try to say, but he cuts me off by holding up his hand.

"Shut up." He said. A tear fell from my eye. What am I going to do? I watch as Joey goes into the bedroom. I thought, maybe I should run. I decided to run. I ran to the front door and started unlocking it as fast as I could. Joey must have heard me, because he started running back. He saw me and pointed the gun at me.

"Joey!" I yell as I ran towards the stairs. I hear a loud bang and feel a stinging pain in my leg. I let out a scream and limped up the stairs as quickly as I could. I run into a random room and close the door. I see its the guest room. I hide in the bathroom. I crawl into the dirty clothes hamper. I get under the clothes and pray this works.

I heard Joey opening doors across the hall.

"Hannah..." He calls singing.

"Where are you?" He taunts.

"I'm gonna find you." He opens the door of the room next to the guest room I'm gonna die, I thought. I hold in my sobs as he opens the guest room door. He walks in farther. I hear his shoe hit the tile of the bathroom. He taps the gun against the wall as he walks towards the hamper. He moves the shower curtain across from me. I hold my breath as he opens the top of the hamper. I can see him, but he can't see me. I feel grateful that my whole body is covered. He moves some clothes and touches my leg. I see him smile. I kicked his face and run out.

"Hannah!" he shouts as I run downstairs. Well, limped.

I hear gunshots near me. I run to his room and lock the door. Yeah, I know he has a gun and he can shoot it open, but yeah. I look around and see my phone. I run and grab it. I held as Joey bangs against the door.

"I know you're in there, Hannah!" he shouts and hits his body against the door. Good thing he's drunk I guess. I dial Sawyer's number and press send. Joey must have realized that he can shoot it, because he did.

"Hello?" I hear Sawyer answer.

"Sawyer! Help me!" Joey hits the phone out of my hand and pushes me against the wall.

"Joey, please." I say and tears fall. He lifts my chin with his index finger.

"Don't cry..." He says and gently kisses me. I try to pull away, but he puts the gun on my stomach.

I kiss him back. Don't worry, I got this. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He moans and gets closer. I run my fingers through his hair. He smiles under the kiss. I kick him where the sun don't shine and run while he falls over in pain. I look at my wound quickly and see my pants are soaked. I got a bit dizzy, but ran anyway. I ran into the hallway closet and lock the door. I hug my knees and hope I don't die like this.

I heard Joey yell my name. His voice wasn't drunk anymore.

"Hannah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" he yells. Don't believe him, I told myself.

"Hannah!" he shouted angrily. I flinched. I heard a knock at the door. Sawyer! Ok tried to get up, but I lost my balance. I fell on my side and everything was blurry. I looked at my leg again. I lifted my pants leg and saw a horrific sight. Blood was everywhere and the bullet was still in there. I could tell because there was no exit wound.

I layed there on the floor, everything was numb. I could hear shouting. Loud voices, make them stop. I felt my eyes getting heavy.

"Sawyer..." I whispered. I tried so hard not to close my eyes. I tried for Sawyer.

It just became too much.

I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber...

I looked around and saw a field. It was full of flowers. Purple, pink, yellow, and blue. It was lovely.

"Hannah!" I heard Sawyer's voice call. His sweet voice called to me. I look and see him across the fields. I start running to him. He smiles and holds his arms out.

"Hannah!" I hear him about again. An image of an ambulance flashed through my eyes. I ignored it and kept running towards Sawyer.

I was almost to Sawyer when I heard a loud beeping noise. It sounded like an alarm. It was annoying. I kept running though. I wanted to be in his arms.

"Hannah! Don't leave me!" he called. I stopped running in confusion. I tried to ask him what that meant, but I couldn't speak.

"Please come back." I heard Sawyer's voice say full of tears. I turn around and see a mirror. I slowly walk towards it and see myself in a hospital bed. I had an oxygen th be going into my nose and that annoying beeping noise kept going on. I saw Sawyer holding my hand. I look backwards and saw a bright light. It was so inviting...

I turned towards the mirror again and see Sawyer sobbing. I touched it, and my hand went through. I quickly pulled it back. I didn't know what to do. Which one? I wondered. I wanted to make Sawyer stop crying, so I stepped through the mirror. I was engulfed in a bright light. It's dark. I slowly open my eyes. Sawyer was next to me crying and holding my hand. I move my other hand to run it through his hair. He quickly looked up and smiled excitedly.

"Hannah!" he shouted and hugged me. I smiled and smiled at him weakly.

I explained to him what happened when I was asleep.

"Hannah, you were in a coma for three months..." He said sadly.

"Really?" I asked shocked. He nodded and smiled.

"But you're back." I smiled ad pulled his face towards mine. His lips gently brushed against mine.

"Come on, Sawyer, I've been gone forever...Don't tease." I beg. He smiles and kisses me.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this story. I absolutely loved writing it and I loved seeing all of you guys enjoying it!