5: Where The Heart Lies.

(dedicated to narrykissing for stumbling across my story. yay!) 

_________________________________________________________

Niall was happy that Harry was gone out of his life. He was happy that 'Harry Styles' was going to leave him alone. But it was no less than a couple of days before Niall started to miss his... badgering. Embarrassingly enough, Niall was now missing Harry's face in the usual spot at the back of the cafe. Now, Niall didn't know if Harry was missing him (he sure didn't sound like it when he said goodbye those somewhat 5 days ago), but Niall was sure that he was missing Harry. Which was so stupid? He hates Harry. He hates Harry. He does, right?

Niall shook his head and continued to walk down the quite street where he lived, keeping his eyes glued to the pavement. He knew that he wasn't going to see that familiar head of curls again, those piercing green eyes that he likes so much, which he thinks are staring into his soul every time he looks into them. 

Yet, when Niall looked up, his heart skipped a beat upon seeing chocolate curls on a skinny lad. Only, it wasn't the skinny lad that he knew. Niall was again, looked to the pavement, his hopes coming crashing down. He was just arriving from coming home from classes, and he wasn't looking forward to being at home alone once more, all of those strange things for Harry coming rushing back and making him scared. 

Niall was scared. He really was. He doesn't like Harry like that. Does he?

Niall only groaned as he pushed the key into his lock and opened the door, wishing that he never met Harry, that Harry never walked into his life, into the cafe, so that he didn't have to think these crazy things that he may or may not like the player of successful businesses. It's stupid. But he has come to love Harry's presence so much. 

Not that he would ever tell Harry that. 

Seconds after Niall closed the door, the doorbell rang out, making Niall jump. Liam was currently with some girl he was forced to be with in one of his assignments, so it can't be him, and the postman doesn't come until very early in the mornings. So who the hell could this be?

"Who is it." Niall asked through the door, trying to peep through the peep hole in his door, only coming to a stump because it's too high up for his tiny frame. 

Someone cleared there throat. "It's um.. it's Harry." 

What. 

"Why are you here?" Niall asked, glaring at the door. 

"I've come to... formally apologise." Harry awkwardly said, scratching the back of his head. 

Harry had to muster up every bit of courage he had to come to Niall's house (don't ask how he knows where he lives, he just does, okay?) and to be honest, he really doesn’t want Niall to live in this part of the neighbourhood, but it will have to do. He can't really tell him off anyways. But, nonetheless, here Harry is, standing on Nialls doorstep, apologising to Niall because life has proven difficult to be without the younger boy. 

"Why are you apologising?" Niall asked, disbelief in his voice. It was Niall who yelled. 

"Because I was at your school..." Harry trailed off, now looking away from Niall. Never has anything in his life been more awkward than what it is now. 

"But I was the one who yelled." Niall responded, and Harry nodded stuffing his hands as best as he could in his jeans pockets. The ones Niall told him to buy. 

"I know... but I guess I just thought that I was in the wrong since I came to your school to say hi..."  Harry answered, trying to reason with the blonde headed boy.