Chapter 9

The sun beat down on my skin, and in an attempt to avoid the intense heat I rolled over and to my shock I was greeted by a bare, muscular chest. My body shot up instantly and my hand found the lamp that rested on the nightstand next to me and prepared to smash it into the owner of the chest’s face. Just as it was approaching the poor victim’s skull I came to realization that it was Victor. My hand halted and slowly I withdrew the weapon and sat it on the stand.

For the shortest moment I took in his facial features, the way he seemed so carefree and peaceful when he was fast asleep. I nearly had to force my eyes from looking past his head considering that nice body of his was practically naked next to me. A smile crept on my lips when my plan formed. Letting out a scream and smacking his leg, he jolted up and thrashed about before focusing his eyes on me and calming slightly.

“Holly! What are you doing?” his voice was groggy as he rubbed his eyes roughly, forcing the sleep from them.

My eyes kept their glare on him. “What am I doing? I believe you, Sr. are the one that should be answering that question,” I shot back. He just remained there for a moment, not entirely sure about what I was talking about. “you nearly scared me to death when I woke up and saw your—your naked body laying there!”

His smirk formed quickly and his eyes showed off his amusement.

“I’m so sorry,” he said with a bit of sarcasm. “I checked on you a few times while watching over you and I guess I fell asleep.” He threw his legs over the side of the bed and glanced halfway over his shoulder. “Oh and Holly?”

“Yeah?”

“You don’t have to yell. I can hear better than any human could dream of, especially when I have just awoken.”

“Really, Victor, really?” I said with an annoyed tone. He glanced back over at me. “You are a complete and total—“ he cut off my angry rant.

“Shush, shush now Holly. No need to feel embarrassed,” he said with an innocent smile and stroking my cheek slightly. Jerk, trying to make me feel like I was the one embarrassed! His finger lingered under my chin and lifted me to look into those eyes of his—the ones that put me under a stupid gaga spell. He chuckled and leaned over so he towered slightly over my leaned back frame.

“What’s the matter? Falling for my looks already?” he asked fully confidently. “Ya know—“

The bedroom door slammed open and in stepped the one woman who completely did not need to come in at a moment like this. But she always seemed to ruin moments like this.

“Get up and get ready. Training in ten,” she barked out with a smug look sweeping over her face. Obviously she was looking more than forward to swing at me and possibly—most likely hitting me. Letting out a groan, I pulled myself from under Victor’s towering frame and stalked towards the bathroom. My feet stopped instantly.

“Umm…I don’t have any clothes,” I said while wishing for some miracle to occur, like he had some that would fit me…right. Like that built boy would have any clothes that would fit me.

“Check the dresser. I took the liberty of getting some for you before you even knew that you were going to come here one day,” he said with his trademark smirk lining his lips. I don’t know which scared me most—that he had been expecting me for quite some time or the fact that he knex exactly what was in that dresser and would know what my body would be covered with.

“Mkay. Well, get out so I can get ready.” I made a shooing motion with my hands and to my surprise he did not put up an argument and left. Silence was more than happy to trail after Victor, not saying a single word only giving me a glare I’m sure she didn’t even mean for me to notice.