Chapter 10: Hangover

*I don't own the band, members, etc*

Chapter 9 recap:

Needless to say, Stephen was still ignoring me. Every encounter between us was cold on his part and awkward on mine. Ever since what I referred to as, “The Closet Incident,” Stephen had hardly looked at me, never talked to me, and basically had ignored my presence in the band’s life.

***

Stephen's voice dripped malice.” Chloe means nothing to me! Fuck your curiosity! It doesn’t matter!”

“Who are you trying to convince?!” I exploded, fed up with his accusations. “Because she sure sounds like she matters if the sound of her name brings this reaction out of you! And she sure sounded important in Seattle!!

***

“You guys just need to work this out.” Jess told me. “You both need to apologize and you’ll be fine.”

***

“Mhmm. Text me when you’re free tomorrow.” Blake stood up to leave. “Hey, Brian’s single right?”

“Yeah,” Jess said. “He’s not one for a serious relationship, though.”

“Neither is she,” I told her. “Trust me.”

***

Girl after girl after girl walked up to Stephen, who was seated directly in front of me. And all he did was flirt. He’d touch their arms, compliment them, and even kiss them on the cheek in pictures. Once, after he kissed a girl on the cheek right before she left the table, he looked back to see if I had seen.

“Hey, Tess?” Stephen said.

I froze. These were the first words he had said to me in days. What the hell did he want?

“Can you take a picture of us? She wants one that’s less close up.”

***

There was another hard thump, as something hit the door, making me jump. I gritted my teeth and yanked the door open. The two people tumbled out of the room and onto the floor at my feet. Blake gasped, covering her bare stomach with her shirt. Brian sat up quickly, tugging his open button-down shirt back together.

“What the hell!” I exclaimed. “The vocal coach is looking for you, Brian, and seriously, Blake, why can’t you stay out of trouble?!”

***

The blonde skank giggled as Stephen’s lips trailed down her neck. That’s when she noticed me. She gently pushed him back, toward the nearest room. He glanced over, staring at me with his bloodshot eyes. He smiled drunkenly and pulled the girl into his room.

I couldn’t move. I had no idea what to do. Before I could stop them, tears filled my eyes and spilled down my cheeks.

***

Jess’s POV: “Why are you being such an asshole lately?!” I yelled. “What did Tess do that was so wrong that made it okay to treat her like this?!”