05

“Are we seriously gonna ride in that...thing?” Nana asked when Siwon brought an old Volkswagen van and the blue paint on its body was pretty much faded.

“Does it look like we have a choice here?”

"Can't you rent a better car?"

"This is the best I can get."

“Where the hell is your car, anyways? And whose van is this?”

“Workshop. My friend. Now, just shut up and get in.” Siwon replied shortly and proceeded on loading their luggage into the van not wanting to explain further details to Nana.

Nana just groaned inwardly and got in to the van.

“Buckle up.” Siwon instructed and Nana just followed his instructions without further ado.

**

The first 30 minutes of their 3 hours long trip was completely awkward and quiet. Neither one of them made any effort to break the ice. Moreover, the radio was not working. It was a total disaster.

“Gosh, how am I going to survive this awkward trip?” Nana thought as the cold wind lightly slapped her cheeks due to the absence of air-conditioner in the van.

Nana made a quick glance to Siwon and his face was as cold as the wind.

“Time, please fly faster.” Nana prayed silently.

**

The sun was slowly setting down.

“Ah, the sunset is so pretty right, Siwon-sshi?” Nana voiced out her amusement at the sight of the beautiful sunset.

“Mm.”

Tch! What a response. It was my first sunset with a guy and it wasn’t even close to romantic like I watched in movies.

Nana glanced at her watch and the little needle pointed to somewhere between six and seven which meant in an hour, they would probably reach her grandma’s house. They’ve been on road for about 2 hours non-stop now; Nana was getting pretty worn out of the long trip with Siwon.

“Do you want some?” Nana offered Siwon her favourite chocolate bars.

“I’m not hungry.” Siwon didn’t even bother to spare her a glance.

I know you are hungry, Choi Siwon. Well, it’s not my loss.

Nana resumed eating while singing to Babo by Juniel and Yonghwa. That song was her current obsession.   

Siwon glanced to his right. Not bad. Nana’s voice was quite soothing but his ego refused to admit that.

“Can you do me a favour, Nana-sshi?”

“Sure, what do you need?” Nana cheerfully asked as it was the first time Siwon tried to make a conversation with her during the trip.

“I need you to shut up. If you wanna sing, wait till we reach your grandma’s house and you can sing your heart out in her shower.” Siwon smiled his most sarcastic smile and returned to his normal cold expression in a split second.

You think I will just give up and listen to you, huh Choi Siwon? Nana smirked.

Nana cleared her throat and did some warming up before she started singing again. This time, even louder. Simply, just to annoy Siwon. Well, he started it first and she was more than glad to play along. Siwon turned to his right and sighed at the sight of Nana who seemed to be lost in her own world. He knew he lost the round and he didn’t wanna waste his time trying to stop Nana.