Chapter 1

It is black. Dark. I feel light, light like a feather. Like I am floating. I try to blink, to open my eyes, but the bright light makes my head pound, so I quickly close them again. Again I slip into the unconscious state, where I slip into a deep, long and restless sleep.

When I come to, it is dark around me. Slowly I flutter open my eyes and look around. It is dark in the room, but the curtains in front of the window are open and I can see the dawn break. Beautiful orange and pink colors are painting the sky, with soft purple clouds in the middle. I look around the room. There is a beautiful chandelier hanging above me. The queen-sized bed is beautiful, with soft white pillows and a light colored duvet. The beautiful furniture around the room is simple yet perfect. I look back to the window, the gorgeous orange sun is coming up and it is scaring away the fog hanging over the fields of green. I want to turn my body towards it, but a searing pain goes through my leg, abdomen and head, making me gasp and nearly scream in pain. I try to look down, towards my leg, but the pounding in my head makes it impossible. I am scared to slip into unconsciousness again, so I flutter my eyes rapidly, trying to make myself stay awake. What in heaven's name did I do? I try to dig into my memories, but all I meet, are clouds that fill my head.

'Well good morning, sleeping beauty. How are you?' I look up when I hear the voice of a young woman. She is looking at me with a wide smile.

'I am doing well.' I say, trying to sound polite and not in pain. She only cocks her head and looks at me with a smile.

'I do not believe you.' She tells me as she sits down, a cup of tea is given to me and I sip carefully.

'I saw you laying at the banks of the river. You were unconscious. When I looked you over, I saw you had a few bad wounds, so I lifted you up and brought you here.' She tells me and walks around the room, grabbing a dress from the closet and a small basin of water with a cloth. 'You have a broken leg, a huge cut in your side and your temple fell against a rock and it created a cut. You are lucky you woke up.' She tells me and I look at her in silence. I drink my tea and keep looking at her. She sits down beside my feet and lays the dress on her lap, the basin and cloth are laying on top of it. 'What did you do?' She asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

'I do not know.' I tell her honestly. She nods and takes the empty cup of tea from me.

'Well, what is your name?' She asks me and I start to dig into the clouds. This one pops up quickly.

'Genevive Varlow.' I tell her and she smiles.

'Well, nice to meet you Genevive Varlow. My name is Lilliowy Hadley.' She introduces herself and I smile at her. She does look like an Lilliowy. Her hair is bright red, she has freckles on her face and her eyes are a lavender purple, the color is magnificent.

'How old are you, Lilliowy?' I ask and she smiles at me.

'Ten and seven summers, you?'

'I am also ten and seven summers.' She smiles and gets up.

'I am getting you some food, after that, ask me anything.' I nod and watch her walk out of the room. Only now I notice she is in her nightdress. I hear her clang the pans and wait patiently. I look at the sun coming up further and smile at the beautiful sight.

'Well, here is some food.' She tells me and I nod, taking it from her and slowly eating a bite. When I am done, I smile at her, it tastes delicious.

'Could you tell me where I am?' I ask her and she nods with a small smile.

'You are in Utopia. Let me tell you how everything went with this place. Year ago, when our ancestors traveled the world, this Island was found by sailors. Five ships sunk at the coast and miraculously everyone survived. The people chose to stay, since the land was beautiful and everybody was sick of traveling. Official reports say that each ship had two hundred adult people on board, excluded the children under ten and two years. The people build a few towns, near one another, with one bigger city. Everyone was doing their own job and everyone knew how to survive. But after a while, people noticed there were small outbursts between people and no one was speaking and dealing with the problems. So they decided a king should be chosen from the people. A man who was loving, fair, honest and peaceful. The chosen man, was Eric Steward, he was a good king. He helped to build Utopia up to the beautiful city it is now.