Chapter 3

A week passes. The wooden cottage build by Sebastian is put high in the trees, with the help of pulleys. Everyday Lilliowy and I go into the woods to cut down trees to give them to Sebastian, who can somehow convert them into cottages, from now on, already build in the trees. Lilliowy collects nuts, fruits and other herbs to store in one of the underground rooms. The healing herbs she collects in her brown rectangle pouch which has a metal trimming on it.

'I went to the village, a friend of mine who works at the castle gave me a dress of my mothers. Wear it Genevive. Trust me, the village will not accept you if you are in pants.' He tells me and I smile at him, I have come to like him better the past week, he has been a true friend. I put the sky blue dress on behind a huge tree and look down at myself. The dress has long sleeves, which are cut open at the insides. A tight bodice with silver embroidery finishes the dress. The skirt is an A-line and flows down my body.

'You can move better in this dress, I believe.' I smile and nod. We are beside the river and I grab a pebble, throwing it at his back. He howls and laughing I pull Lilliowy with me, running through the woods. Sebastian follows them immediately and we all laugh. He almost catches us so I look at Lilliowy.

'Split up!' I say and she nods, so we split up into the darkness of night. I keep running, laughing slightly. Suddenly I stumble upon a new clearing, the moonlight is illuminating it and I smile, this looks beautiful. Suddenly a majestic animal walks out of the woods. I step back and my eyes widen. Quickly I climb into the tree and only look cautiously at it. I keep quiet for a long time and see the animal moving around. The moonlight is illuminating the animal perfectly.

'Genevive?' Lilliowy's voice makes me sit up quickly, the animal also looks up and neighs softly.

'Genevive? Are you here?' I look down to see Sebastian and Lilliowy.

'Psst!' I hiss at them and they look around.

'Get in the tree!' I exclaim in a whisper and they look at me with a questioning face.

'Why-'

'You will make it come this way!' I whisper yell at them and they look at me with a worried expression.

'Genevive, are you feeling well?' Sebastian asks me and I grunt.

'Yes! I am fine, now get in the tree! Who knows it could be so dangerous!' I exclaim in a whisper and the two look at each other, their eyebrows raised. 'Why are you two not in the tree yet? Are you crazy?!' Sebastian bursts out laughing and I look angrily at him.

'Do you think it is funny?!' Sebastian nods.

'Yes actually, who else is scaring someone into a tree?' He laughs and I roll my eyes.

'I am bloody serious!' I yell loudly and slap my hands in front of my mouth.

'Come one Genevive! There is nothing to worry about!' says Lilliowy, also still standing on the forest floor.

'Be quiet! Otherwise they will hear you!'

'Who?'

'The animals!'

'The animals?' Lilliowy asks, fear slightly evident in her voice.

'Which animals?' asks Sebastian and I quickly look around for them, while motioning them up in the tree.

'They look like rhinos and-'

'Rhinos?

'STTT!' I hiss back at him and he puts his hand up in defeat.

'Yes, a rhino! With a horn on his nose.' I keep quiet, that should have sounded so funny. Back to the point. 'They have these bright colors that scare you so bad! I was running when one came out of the trees. If I did not get into this tree, I would be impaled!'