Chapter 8

A hand is playing with my hair, softly pulling. A breath is rolling down my neck once in a while and I smile, this feels amazing. I feel at peace. Loved. I keep my eyes closed and smile, my lips touching his bare skin. I can feel his hand traveling up and down my arm, it is rough yet soft. He softly trails down my nose at some point, over the bow of my lips and down my neck and up and down my arm once more. A kiss on my cheek makes me cuddle more into him.

'Genevive, Love, are you awake?' His voice makes me sigh and feel even more relaxed. Slowly I crack open one eye and see the handsome man before me.

'Sebby.' I murmur and he laughs softly.

'Did you know, your eyes are almost glowing, like they are living, like candles. The most beautiful, green candles I have ever seen.' He murmurs and I giggle as he kisses my eyelids. My thoughts drift off. Who is my mother? My father? Do I have siblings?

'Is Genevive up there?' I snap out of it and look at the amazing man in front of me.

'Sorry, just drifted off.' He smiles and his hand goes through my locks.

'Do you have food?' He asks me and I nod. Quickly I grab the animal I had not finished last night and tear it to pieces, giving him a few and myself. We eat it slowly, enjoying the taste.

'How does your chest feel?' I ask him and he smiles slightly.

'Better in a way. I just am afraid to look at it.' He tells me and I understand completely what he is feeling. I am afraid too to look at it. Afraid it has gotten infected even worse. I put the blanket down to his waist and slowly unwrap the bandage. When the last piece is removed, he is laying back, his eyes squeezed shut. I gasp. His eyes snap open and he looks at me, a scared glint in his eyes. I look at him, my eyes wide and in shock, yet I know they sent out something comforting.

'It is almost gone.' I start to laugh and throw my hands around his neck, pulling him close to me. Both of us laugh and he kisses my cheeks.

'I will go and hunt for some more food, wood and fruits. I will be back, make sure you do not move too much, just sleep.' I tell him and he smiles. I start to search a way out of the cave, hoping to get us some food. Soon I find a second hallway and within a few feet, I am outside. The sun is burning on my skin, my eyes need to readjust to the light. With my bow pulled back halfway, I walk through the forest, searching for food. Hunting down a bird or two, another squirrel and a loose chicken. I get some fruit and put them all in the bag, after that I gather a lot of wood to make sure the fire keeps burning. I throw them into the entrance of the cave before going back and getting more.

Sebastian

I am alone in the cave. Genevive's face bounces through my head. What is she doing? What did she catch? When will she be back? All kinds of questions float through my head. I can hear a buzzing sound in the background, but nothing really takes me back to reality until I hear it.

'KRIEEEEEE.' I look up and see her. Blond hair, teal streaks, a teal top and a slightly tanned skin. Her skin is tan, but looks pale. She has a small jaw and a little nose, it is crooked. Her lips are just a little too big and full, making them almost drop off her face. Her eyes are bright red, like fire.

'Nemesis.' I look at her and she smiles at me, her smile is sinister.

'Sebastian.' Her voice fades into the caves, echoing on the walls. The shrill and high tone makes the hairs on my back stand up right. Anger is clearly heard in her voice. 'Why are you being sweet on another?'

'Nemesis. We had something, as in past stance. I do not even think about you anymore, but Nemesis, things change. I am not the one I was once. Life here is bad and right now, you are not making it any better.' I look at her and wait for her to explode. Instead, she turns uglier. Her normally soft pink lips, have turned white due to the amount of pressure she puts on them as she bites. I can see the roots of her hair slowly becoming red, just as the scales on her top.