Three

Y/N waited by her car. It was five minutes to nine and she could feel her chest growing tighter and tighter.

He wasn't coming, was he?

She checked her phone to see if she'd missed any calls or messages from Spencer. Nothing. Nothing at all. The last communication she'd had with him had been yesterday where he'd text her and told her he loved her and that he'd see her soon. Receiving that message had made her heart swell, thinking that maybe she was going to come out on top here. Which made it sound like it was a competition between her and Georgia. Which in a way it was, just a competition that Georgia wasn't aware she was taking part in. Although over the course of the last few days, Y/N had learnt that Georgia did suspect something.

She checked the time again. Two minutes passed nine. Her car was packed and ready to go to make her day and a half trip to her lake side cabin that she'd call home for the next two weeks. The cabin that she'd hoped would be the beginning of something new for her and Spencer.

Instead, it looked like it was going to be the end.

She gave it another eight minutes, checking her cell constantly before sighing and climbing into the car.

He wasn't coming.

He didn't love her. Not the way he proclaimed to, and not enough to hurt someone else.

So instead he'd hurt her, which on one hand she could argue that she'd bought this all on herself anyway, getting involved with a man who already belonged to someone else.

But the only reason she'd got this involved was because she'd thought Spencer had felt the same way. And perhaps he had at once point. Perhaps he still did.

Perhaps he was truly, madly, and deeply in love with Y/N, but was too much of a coward to own up and end it with Georgia. And if that was the case, then Y/N didn't want a coward. She wanted someone who would fight for her, who would walk through fire for her.

And that obviously wasn't Spencer.

As Y/N pulled away from the curb with one final backwards glance, she thought back to a few days ago.

She'd been to the grocery store after work, deciding to walk. It was a pleasant evening and she only needed a few things. She could cut back through the park, maybe feed the ducks. Things between her and Spencer had been strained since she'd given the ultimatum. He still wanted to meet up when they could and she wanted that too. But... She didn't want to have sex with him, not until he'd ended it with Georgia. Which had caused a minor argument between the two of them. They'd made up later on via text message but Y/N had been sightly hurt. The few precious moments they'd gotten together and he'd seemingly only been interested in the one thing.

As she walked through the park Y/N could see the figure of a woman sitting hunched over on one of the benches, her shoulders gently rocking. When she drew closer, she was surprised to see that it was Georgia.

Shit.

Could she turn and walk away, do the classic 'oh drat, I forgot something' actions for anyone else walking around so that it didn't look too strange.

"Y/N?"

Nope. She couldn't walk away now.

Georgia was squinting at her, her eyes puffy and red. She looked so sad and broken that Y/N wondered if Spencer had actually called it off with her and she just hadn't felt her phone going off.

"Hi Georgia... Is erm, everything okay?"

Stupid question, the woman was obviously in bits. She started sobbing again and Y/N looked around in a panic. Was she seriously going to have to comfort the girlfriend of the man she'd been sleeping with?