Chapter 1

Kaira(pronouced Kay-ra)

I reach my apartment and knock on the door, since I see my boyfriend's car in his parking spot and my arms are full. I knock again since I don't get an answer. "He must be in the shower or something." I think to myself as I juggle everything to get my keys and unlock the door.

I walk inside and dump everything I'm holding on the table, while continuing into the bedroom. I don't hear the shower, but I hear a lot of moaning. Not again. This is the fifth time. I open the door and he has some idiot chick on all fours pushing all five inches into her. That's right, I said five inches. I have a dildo bigger than that. I use it after he leaves every single time.

Why did I stay with him up until this point? Because I thought I loved him and he loved me. Of course by now, I just don't care anymore. I've caught him too many times with some other chick. He has his own house, but he insists on cheating on me in my apartment. I've bought four bedroom sets since I've been with him. This will be the fifth and the last one.

I wait until he gets off and the girl fakes it, because let's face it, I'm sure they just started. He's not even good for five minutes. I lean in the doorway with my arms crossed. He pulls out and turns to me, "Oh Kaira! I didn't know that you were there! Baby forgive me, I'm so sorry!"

I know exactly what he's going to say because he says it every time I catch him cheating. I finally figured out after the third time that he gets off on me catching him cheating. That's why he does it in my apartment instead of his house. Why do I stay around? Because I'm stupid. But not anymore.

The woman's eyes get big like I'm going to hit her or something, but I surprise both of them when I tell her, "Sweetie, there are towels in the cabinet by the shower. You can use one after you take a shower. Take your time. I won't hurt you." She nods at me gratefully and scurries into the bathroom, taking her clothes with her.

I turn to him, "Put on your clothes, take whatever shit that you have here and leave. Do not come back."

"But baby..." He starts. "I am not your baby, I'm not your anything. Get your shit and get out. Anything you leave, I will sell."

His face changes to a scowl and he spits out, "You're nothing without me! You can't keep up this lifestyle without me! I'm the one who pays your bills and give you money. Hell, I bought that brand new car that's parked downstairs two days ago!"

I smile at him, "Thanks for putting it in my name. Now get out." He's getting flustered at me not panicking and being upset because he cheated on me. He finally puts his clothes on and picks up everything he can, stomping out the door muttering about how I'll be calling him back because I'm nothing without him. I don't think he realizes that we are never, ever...ever getting back together. He completely forgot about the woman he failed to please in the bathroom taking a shower.

When the door slams behind him, I call Jim the locksmith and he agrees to come over and change the locks immediately. I make the rest of the calls that I need to while pulling out a bottle of wine and two glasses for the young lady who has been taking forever in the shower. I set them on the living room table and go knock on the bathroom door, "Come out honey, I'm not going to hurt you."

I hear the shower turn off and see the door open just a little, "You're not going to hurt me?" She asks in a small voice. "No. I'm over this. Come on out, I have a bottle of wine waiting for us and we can order some dinner. How does Italian sound?" The door opens a little wider and she steps out, "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because I'm past caring about him. You are the fifth woman in six months. I'm over it." I shrug. Her eyes widen, "He told me that he just broke up with his girlfriend that he was seeing for the past two years."

"There is only one thing true about that statement. We were together for two years. I think he thought that he could get off on getting caught and I would just take him back. Truth was, after the first time, I found that I just didn't care. I think I only let him stay around for the warm body. If he was truly cheating on me, he would have taken you to his house instead of my apartment."

"Where does he live?"

"Do you see those houses on top of Junniper Hill?" She nods. "He lives in the house on the top of the hill. He owns that house."

"This is an awesome apartment! Why didn't he take me to his house?" I think she's a bit offended. I would be.

"Because he wanted me to catch him and he didn't want you to know where he lives."

"Are you going to move?" I shake my head, "My apartments paid for. The only thing I'm going to do is buy a new bedroom set. Do you want the one that's in there now?"

"You would give that to me after what I did?"

"You didn't know that he still had a girlfriend and you thought this was his apartment, right?"

She nods her head after taking a sip of her wine. "Then there's no problem at all."

I order dinner and we spend the evening eating and talking. We watch Jim change the locks and the alarm company change the alarm and she walks downstairs with me to get assholes name taken off the list and his code to get inside removed.

"How do you afford all of this on your own?" she asks. I explain to her that I have a job that pays six-figures a year and I haven't had to spend any of it and I also have millions in the bank. She looks at me in awe. By the end of the night, I have her address and telephone number and we are going to hang out tomorrow so she can help me find a new bedroom set.

Even though I caught my boyfriend in a compromising position and broke up with him, I didn't have to pop a cap in his ass, so today was a good day.