Chapter 2

Since between three people we got the two songs, We Will Never Get Back Together by Taylor Swift and Today Was a Good Day by Ice Cube, I gave shout outs to Fahmida, Clary(They were the first two to guess it) and DeedsReads(Who knew Ice Cube) in my story.  Thanks to all who participated!  

Kaira

I am a rich asshole magnet. I don't know how I became one, all I need to know is how to break the cycle.

It doesn't matter to these men that I make a butt load of money on my own.

It doesn't matter to them that I can pay my own bills without them.

It doesn't even matter to them that I'm worth millions, thanks to them in part.

It always starts the same. I meet them, think they are different and start dating them. After we go out for a couple of months, they insist on paying my bills for me. The last one wouldn't even listen to me when I told him that my apartment was already paid off. I live in an exclusive neighborhood in a suburb of Los Angeles California. He found the market value of my apartment and had the money transferred into my account. Idiot.

Then for some reason, they feel even more entitled to do anything they want since they pay the bills and have the control. So after about a year to a year and a half, they start cheating on me. These entitled assholes think that I need them more than they need me. That's where they're wrong. I haven't paid for anything on my own for more than a few months since I was fifteen years old.

Chad Martin was my first boyfriend. I didn't know that he was rich, I just thought he was cute and nice. When he asked me out on a date, I was so excited! We went out on the date that most fifteen year olds go on. His mom dropped us off at the mall, so we could go to dinner and a movie. After the movie was over, we walked around the mall and talked to each other having a good time.

We stopped by a jewelry store and in the window was a bracelet that I had been saving up for a couple of months until I had enough money to buy it. I had to stop and look at it. Chad asked what I was looking at and I told him that I was saving up to buy the bracelet. He asked me if I wanted him to buy it for me.

I was appalled. I told him 'no' that I could buy it for myself. He nodded and we kept on walking around changing the subject. His mom picked us up and she grilled me all the way home. I didn't know what that was about either. When they dropped me off, Chad told me that he would call me later. He called me that night about twenty minutes later after he got home.

He told me that he liked me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. I said yes, because of course, he was the cutest, most popular boy at school and on top of that he was really nice and I liked him. We spent the rest of the weekend talking on the phone and hanging out. He had his mom pick me up for school on Monday and when we walked into school holding hands, everyone was gossiping about us. My friends Fahmida, Clary and Deeds came over to ask if the rumors were true and I said yes. Then we did this excited girl scream and jump thing that high schoolers do.

His mom or some guy named Charlie took us to school and picked us up every day until Chad turned sixteen and got his own car. Then we had a lot more freedom because we were able to go anywhere that we wanted. Chad invited me to dinner with his parents one day. I accepted and when we pulled up to his house, it was so big! I didn't realize that they had money. I thought that he got a brand new car because he had saved up for it. We had a very nice dinner with them. That night Chad gave me the bracelet that I had been saving up for all that time. That night he kissed me and told me that I would never have to worry about anything, he would take care of me.