Part 1 : Encounter

"When are you going to have a boyfriend?"

"Come on, haven't a guy asked you out? You're so pretty, anak!"

"Are you sure you aren't a lesbian?"

"How old are you again?"

She shrugged those questions off her pestered mind. She's at the mall now and she needs her own 'me time'. She never felt so relaxed and peaceful. A day off from work and people questioning her relationship status is totally worth it.

Her phone rang. She fished it out from her bag and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Ariella! Are you free? I need some . . . sister's advice" that's Yuri, her younger sister, still studying in high school.

"I'm at the mall, but I can handle it for sure. Just make it quick. What's it about?" she kept walking.

"You see, there's this guy in my class. I think he likes me. But I don't want to assume things. How can I tell if a guy really likes me?"

Ah, love. Funny how people come to ask for some love advice from singles. As the saying goes, Singles are the best Love Doctors.

"It's all in the eyes, Yuri. You can tell whether the person is in love; from his or her eyes. It can also be the cliché pet names he would call you. That's maybe because he wants attention. You know, like-"

"Like pumpkin? Baby girl? Or even Sweetheart?" her sister asked in a shocked tone.

"Yeah . . . like those. But those aren't mandatory. Boys calling girls with pet names could also mean to flirt only. It doesn't mean that the guy likes you already."

"But isn't flirting also counts as seeking attention to a girl whom he likes?" Ariella laughed at her question.

"Don't you think that maybe, boys flirt the girls just because he's bored? And maybe he doesn't have any intention on even courting you." she took a last sip from her coffee cup before throwing it.

"You think so?" her voice softens.

"I can't be too sure. Let's cut to the chase, Yuri. Do you even like this-OW!" someone bumped on her arm and her shopping bags fell. She squatted to pick those up.

"Ari? What happened? . . . Hello?" the line ended there.

"I'm sorry Miss! Let me help you with that" A tall, "hunky" figured guy bent down and helped her pick up the shopping bags. As soon as he handed her the bags, Ariella was dumbfounded.

He looks so familiar to her and she can't help but to tighten her grip on his hand. She looked intently into his eyes and his facial structures. Then it hit her. She knew this guy!

"Um . . . excuse me, Miss? Is there something wrong?" he became confused with her gesture.

"You don't remember me. . . don't you, baby boy?" Ariella smirked. Her question gave a realization to the guy. His eyes widened in shock.

"What the . . . You are my baby girl?" he asked, astonished.

"The one and only!" she shrieked. "Oh my gosh! It's been years!" they hugged each other; not caring about the people passing by.

"How are you Ariella? I almost didn't recognize you! You look physically different, need not I say, hotter?" he started body scanning her.

Ariella actually did change physically. She finally got her 'dream-body' maybe also because of her part-time job as a former sports-wear model.