Part 4 : Rose

Ariella wasn't lying when she said she is going to Perth. She had already bought tickets three days after reading the letter. She was just at the end of packing her bags.

"Yes, Cassie. Be there at the airport on Tuesday"

She is currently on the phone with her cousing that's staying in Perth, Australia.

Just like Matti.

"I know . . . I know. You seem to not sound so excited, eh?" She teased.

"It's just that . . . maybe it's finally the time. Now is finally the moment that I've been waiting for so long. I missed him." She sighed.

"Hold your horses, my dear cousin. Or else, you won't be able to find him." She laughed.

"Hey! Don't say that. I will meet him." She said.

"Where are you staying anyway?"

"At your place, duh!" she cackled.

"No . . . freaking . . . way!" Cassie whined.

"Why not? Don't you miss your cousin that's living far away from you?" she pouted, even if Cassie can't see her.

"Whatever you say, cousin dear. Bring me some chocolates!"

__

Monday ; the day before she leaves for Australia . . . and the quest to find Matti.

She read the address again. It's finally the time that she'll meet Matti again. If ever she finds him, though.

She took a deep breath. She feels too excited. Is that bad?

"I'll be meeting Matti again soon. I'll see you, Matti. We will." She said to herself and smiled.

Ding dong!

She was startled by the sound of her doorbell. Who could that be? She didn't remember ordering food.

She was surprised when she saw Jayden standing at the door. She let him in and Jayden placed the take-away Chinese food box on her table.

"Why don't we eat first? My tummy growled when I saw the food." She giggled.

__

"I'm finally following my heart. I hope it won't disappoint me."

"You'll do fine. I believe in you. You'll meet him again." He smiled at her.

"I hope so too."

"How are you feeling?" he looked at her.

"To be very honest, I feel very much excited but at the same time, I feel very nervous and scared. My mind has been clouded with doubts and thoughts."

She is worrying about the search for Matti already. She sometimes ponders on questions like; what if she won't be ever to find him again? What if he has forgotten her? What if Matti is finally getting married?

Or is Matti even still alive?

"That's normal. Your determination and positivity will give you the greatest outcome. Don't worry and overthink too much."

"You know what, I've tried that." she giggled. "I tried not to overthink but I end up overthinking to not overthink." he just shook his head.

"I wish you nothing but to be very happy. I want the both of you to be finally being happy together. Don't end up like me." He held her hand.

"And I hope that you'll finally meet that perfect girl for you. I want you to be happy, Jayden. If only I could make you genuinely happy all the time." She held his hand that's holding hers.

"You are. You are making me happy. You are one of the fewest people as my happiness. And I love you for that. Thank you." He smiled at her and she nodded.

"Ariella?" he called and she looked at him. "Take care. If anything goes wrong, I'm here for you, okay?" he flashed her with his perfect set of teeth.

__

The 8-hour flight has finally come to an end. She's finally in the bound.

She's finally here.

She feels so tired from the flight. She stretched multiple times while waiting for her luggage at the conveyer. She mentally noted to sleep in Cassie's car.

Cassie waved at her as she saw her walking towards the arrival area. Cassie ran to her and hugged her. Ariella was feeling so tired. She forced a smile at her and made their way to Cassie's car.

Cassie was surprised seeing Ariella fast asleep in her car. She thought that they would have a "girls' talk" on the way to her home. She felt bored. What can she do anyway?

"Welcome home, cousin. You're finally here." Cassie smiled at her sleeping cousin.

__

Ariella felt like a homebody. She stayed inside the house for 3 days straight. She thought that she was sick. When Cassie checked on her, there was nothing wrong with her except that she might be experiencing a "severe jet-lag".

The next day, Ariella felt a lot better. She decided to walk around the neighborhood.

She felt happy when exploring the neighborhood. She felt a serene feeling and it wasn't hot or too chilly.

The weather was pleasant. She thought that she would want to come to walk around more often.

Suddenly, she felt something on her foot. "Oh my gosh! A corgi!" she picked it up and pet its fur.

She's been dreaming of seeing one personally. That explains her excitement when she saw the corgi-breed dog. She even wished of owning one.

She fished out her phone to record a video of the dog and share it on her Snapchat story. Imagine, a stranger posting a snapchat story of your dog. How would you feel?

Out of a sudden, the dog ran away from her as she placed down the dog, still recording it. The dog stopped at a man which she thought that it might be its owner.

"There you are, Rose!" the man said as he saw his dog running to him.

The video stopped recording, but the camera is still focused on the man and his dog. The video was replayed again and again and the man's voice could be heard in the video.

Ariella was speechless and frozen on her spot. She knew that voice, even the man's figure. She was flabbergasted.

Is she not dreaming, again?

There you are, Rose.

One thing's for sure . . .

She saw Matti.

_______

To be continued . . .