Part 5 : Eye-to-eye

Ariella stared into space as she sat on Cassie's bed. Her mind was clouded again with thoughts of Matti. When will she ever stop being anxious?

"Oh? What's wrong?" Cassie asked while drying her hair with a towel.

"What's the address of your house?"

"St. Gabriel Homes and Resort."

"No wonder." She sighed. "I think I saw Matti earlier."

"Really?" she stopped drying her hair and sat ll to her instead.

"So, did you guys finally talked? Tell me!" she sounded too excited, which made Ariella winced.

"Nope. He didn't notice me. He was distracted." She sadly smiled.

"What?! Why didn't you call his name? Why didn't you at least catch his attention?" Ariella just frowned at her.

"I was afraid and initially shocked too. I didn't expect to see him this early."

"Early? Hello, it's almost your 5th day of your stay here. 2 weeks isn't long. You need to talk to him whether you like it or not."

"I'm not ready to talk to him yet!"

"That's just pure bullcrap. Don't tell me you spent hundreds of money just to glance at him here then leave forever?"

Cassie was right. If not now, then when?

"Fine . . . Tell me, what should I do then?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow. Now, we should sleep."

__

Ariella had a few hours of sleep. She had trouble sleeping. She was even practicing her 'lines' on what to say when they finally see each other.

When she finally woke up the next day, Cassie was shocked to see her dark circles. She thought that Ariella cried last night but Ariella told her that she had trouble sleeping. Good thing Cassie didn't questioned her why.

During breakfast, Ariella was eager to know what Cassie's plan for her to meet Matti.

"After you take a shower, I'll go through your clothes and see which is nice. Or I'll just lend you some of mine."

"And why would I dress up?"

"You'll go to his house! You see, nothing's wrong with that, okay?"

"Whatever you say." She sighed.

__

"Are you even serious? Blouses and jeans? Not even a dress you brought?" Cassie looked at her disapprovingly.

"What? Excessive luggage weight costs more money! I only brought light clothes with me and your chocolates."

"Here, try on this red off-shoulder dress." Ariella looked at the dress.

She told Cassie she doesn't like it and asked for other choices to try on.

"Hmm . . . better yet, try this royal blue sleeveless dress instead! I've never worn it though because it clearly doesn't fit me. You're smaller than me so I guess I could just give it you."

Ariella was mesmerized. Royal blue. It was a simple casual dress but it was definitely elegant looking.

She tried it on and Cassie leaped for joy when she saw how well and perfect it fit on her cousin.

"Yes, I'll definitely just give this dress to you! You look like an artiste."

"I like this dress too. Thanks for this." She smiled at her reflection on the full-body length mirror.

"Oh, let me do your hair and also conceal this dark circle of yours."

Cassie has a talent in hair and make-up styling. She applied very little powder on her face just to glow her face more.

Since Ariella is a part-time model, her body and face is not much a problem for Cassie to fix and style. Ariella's hair is styled in a braided half-ponytail.

"Cassie, what sorcery is this? I never knew you had such talent." Ariella gasped as she looked at her own reflection.

"I'll count that as a compliment." Cassie giggled. "So, are you ready?" Cassie then asked.

"Now? We're going there now?" Ariella's eyes widened.

"No, dear. Tomorrow. I caked your face because I'm bored. Now, wipe it off." She mocked.

"Fine . . . I'll go. Wish me luck."

"You don't need luck. When Matti looks at how you look, he'll be begging on his knees for you." The both of them laughed.

Here goes nothing . . .

__

Ariella braved herself while walking to his house. This is it. There's no more turning back. It's now or never.

M 21. Before even pressing the doorbell, the same corgi sniffed her white Keds. She picked it up and pet it.

The door opened for her after she pressed the doorbell. A tall, tanned and nicely built body (the not too muscular body type) stood before her.

It was Matti.

He actually tried recognizing her. He didn't ask a thing. He knew that this girl standing before him is somewhat familiar to her.

As he finally recognized her, his heart raced wild. He knew this girl.

"Ella? Is that you? Is that finally you?" he looked at her with a very shocked look.

When he held her hand, he thought that he felt a spark during the mere touch. He walked closer to her.

He looked deeply in her eyes and unconsciously, he caressed the cheeks that he adored years ago.

"Hi Matti. We meet again." She smiled and a tear fell from her eye. She had never felt so overwhelmed.

"Don't cry, kuting ko. Come here." He wiped her tears and hugged her.

He missed this girl so much. They missed each other so much that they stayed in that position for who knows how long.

So, what now?

________

To be continued . . .