chapter ten

{unedited}

"Get the hell out of here, both of you. I am not in the mood for any of your bullshit," I snapped, turning around and stacking the last bit of books I had before turning and walking to the front desk, with two morons hot on my tail.

"Delaney, I'm sorry, but you have to let us explain," Michael spoke up.

"And give me one good reason why I should? Because last time I checked, I was the one who suffered half the week not knowing if it were my fault you left or not. I drove myself mad thinking that you left because I was actually annoying, or you just got bored."

"Delaney," Michael whispered, walking around the desk to gently grab my hands. I think I just got shivers. "I will never think you're annoying and I will never get bored of you. I'm sorry to say that I think I'll be sticking around for quit a long time," he winked, giving my hands a gentle squeeze.

"Ok," I whispered.

"Now can we tell you what really happened?" Ashton probed from behind the counter.

Looking up at Michael who had tired look in his eyes, I turned to Ashton relying with a weak, "Fine."

"Good. So what happened was that morning that he left you, he actually already had plans with me that he almost forgot about them,-"

"But why did he have plans with you in the first place?" I asked, irritated. I want Michael all to myself, is that being greedy? Ugh, whatever.

"In preparation for your date that is in an hour, he asked me to help with his dating etiquette, and trust me, he needed it," he giggled his ashton giggle.

"Why would you need help with that?"

Michael rubbed his neck before responding, "Well, let's just say I haven't been in the game for a while," he chuckled nervously, and before it went away, I noticed the faint blush that creeped onto his cheeks.

This made me laugh. "How could you be out of the game? I mean look at you?" I gasped. What did I just say? Did I just say that? Out loud? Oh my god someone shoot me now.

While I was having a mental break down, the guys were rolling on the floor, totally ignoring the fact that I was humiliated.

"Oh would you guys shut up," I groaned, grabbing more books out of the Drop Off bin and going to put them away until Michael grabbed my elbow, pulling me into his chest.

"Let me help you with those," he whispered, leaning dangerously close to my ear.

"I-uh," I stuttered while he just smiled, taking half the books in my hand, turning away, and putting them I to their correct slots. Doing the same, I turned to walk to the next isle over, that was unil I felt a hand grasp my elbow and turn me around, only to have myself pushed up against the book shelf.

"Let me take you to the date." He didn't ask, it was a demand, and I've never been more turned on.

"Or what?"

His chuckle was low and deep, "I don't think you want to find out," he whispered, the tip of his nose playing with my ear lobe.

"Fine. I'll go to the date with you, but know your boundaries."

"Boundaries are for people that don't know their limits. I know my limits, but I'm about to find out yours, Princess." Take me now. Wait, did I just think that? What's happening to me?

Michael leaned away smiling, leaving a soft kiss on my cheek before speaking, "I'll pick you up at 7." And then he left the way he came, Ashton right behind him with a knowing smirk on his lips.

What have I gotten myself into?