chapter sixteen

{unedited}

-Delaney-

Given that it was Sunday, I was free from work, meaning that I had the whole day to myself. Or so I thought.

"Guess who!"

"Go away!" I yelled back to person outside my door.

"You're so hurtful!"

"It's a gift!" I grinned, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"Fine, I'll just leave then." Setting down my bowl of Fruit Loops, I heaved myself off my couch and trudged to the door. "I knew you loved me," he said the second I opened the door.

"Well hello to you too," I retorted, leaving the door open as I went back to my previous position on the couch.

"How have you been? We haven't talked in awhile," he asked, making his way to my kitchen, where he proceeded to raid my cupboards.

"Luke, we talked on Friday at school," I deadpanned.

"So? I missed my best friend," he pouted.

"Yeah yeah, whatever, Lukey," I grinned, watching his face scrunch in disgust.

"No way. My mother may be able to get away with calling me that, but no way in hell are you."

"Aw, but I like it!"

"Nope."

"Fine," I huffed, "Lukey," I whispered under my breath, and not two seconds later I had a dish towel hit my face. "Asshole," I whined. I should seriously wash this.

"You love me!"

"Do not!"

"You weren't saying that whe-" I didn't even give him time to respond before I grabbed the nearest pillow and hurled it at his head. His laughing didn't really give me the satisfaction I was hoping for.

"You're an asshole, Hemmings," I muttered, focusing my attention onto the bowl of now soggy Fruit Loops, hoping he can't see the pink of my cheeks.

"Tell me something I didn't already know," he smirked, grabbing my bag of Doritos off one of the shelves and walking over to the couch, taking a seat on the other end.

I'm sure you didn't know you have a small dick, I thought, evilly.

"So, tell me about Michael," he said, sneering his name.

"And why would I tell you?" I snapped back.

"Because I asked, sweetheart."

"Ugh, don't call me that," I said, scrunching up my nose.

"Why? I thought that was your name."

"Yeah, when we had something. It's not like that anymore, Luke. You're just a friend, you know that."

"I wasn't always 'just a friend'," he muttered.

"Yeah you were, Luke."

"Is that what you thought of us? As just friends?" Before I could respond, he continued. "Do friends sneak around 24/7 behind their other friends backs? Do friends almost give away their innocence to each other? Do friends make out in every bathroom and-"

"Luke, I think it's time for you to leave," I gulped.

"Why? Are you ashamed of me? Is that it? Are you guilty for doing what you did?"

"It wasn't just me, Luke! Don't play the innocent one here. It was you too!"

"Oh, yeah I almost forgot," he stated, sarcastically. "I was the one that wanted to whore it up one night and keep it going for a month, silly me for forgetting," he laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Get the hell out of my house," I growled, holding back the tears that I knew were going to burst the second after he left.

"Remember when this used to be a second home to me due to all the nights I'd stay here? I never got much sleep though due to the other activities we were doing," he smirked, enjoying the anger on my face.

"Get the fuck out of this house right now!"

"Fine, I'm going," he said, putting his hands up in surrender. "See you at school tomorrow, sweetheart," he smirked, and with a wink, he was gone.

Sliding down the door, I didn't realize until I wiped my stuffed nose that there were tears rolling down my cheeks.

I was being selfish that night. I knew it was going to jeopardize our friendship, but so did he. And the worst part of it all? I never felt a thing with him, but I guess he can say otherwise.