chapter two

{unedited}

Finally, after two months of working at Dairy Queen, I grew the nerve to quit the day after I met Michael and in just one week of being unemployed, I found a new job.

It was a 3 days after I met Michael that I found the local library a couple blocks down from Dairy Queen. After turning in my uniform and saying my goodbyes, I left peacefully, making my way in the direction of Maple Lanes; a cute, quaint cafe down the road. But one thing I never noticed was that there was a library right next door. The library I now work at.

I was currently stacking books into their shelves like I have been for two weeks now when a green head of hair across the shelf caught my eye and in that moment, my instincts sunk it.

Ducking down, I hid until I could no longer see his legs in the isle next to mine. It's not that I don't like him, it's that I do like him, and that scares me.

Sighing in relief, I got up onto my feet when I could no longer see his and went to grab more books from the desk, only to collide with a hard chest, but before I could fall, two arms enveloped my waist, keeping me balanced.

"I am so sorry." Can someone please get me a fire extinguisher for my cheeks?

"Don't be. I happen to enjoy this position," he grinned cheekily. Looking up him, I took notice that his eyes were an almost faded green, just lighter than the green in his hair.

"I-uh, thanks for catching me. It was nice seeing you again but I have to get back to work now," I said, scrambling out of his warm arms.

"You work here? What happened to Dairy Queen?" he chuckled, following me to the front desk where I proceeded to get more books, making my way back to the shelves while Michael trailed behind. Of course I remembered his name. It's not everyday a handsome guy talks to you.

"I quit and started working here."

"Ah, I see. So I guess I'm going to be seeing you quite often then," he winked with a smile.

"And why is that? You don't work here," I replied as I began stacking books.

"No, but I'm practically a regular. I come here almost everyday, if not every other."

"What, do you just read?"

"Sometimes I do homework too. I like to live on the edge." I looked over at him and laughed. He had this twinkle in his eyes that made me weak to my knees. I can totally get used to seeing him everyday. "So when do you get off work?" he asked, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

"Um," I checked the clock before turning back to him answering, "In about 10 minutes, why?"

"I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go get hot chocolate with me next door?" he asked, looking up from behind his fringe with a nervous smile.

"Sure, but on one condition."

"Anything."

"It's with extra whip cream."