Chapter 1: Prologue

A/N: here is the first chapter of Cat behavior. I already finished this book over the school year and was thinking about publishing it or not but here it is! happy readings!!

Being in the military was hard. But being in a leading position was even harder. You were a squad leader as well. Since you were young you had always dreamt of being in the survey corps and you loved every minute of it, even if it was hard from time to time.

You were quite young to be in a higher position, but Erwin had trusted you, probably because you were one of the stronger soldiers with a brain and heart. As a squad leader you spent a lot of time with your team and also the other squad leaders. This was a huge plus for you, since it meant you could talk with your good friend Hanji a lot. And of course, you were around the Captain a lot as well.

You liked him, he was always really calm and collected quite the opposite of Hanji. His good looks definitively didn't help your growing attraction towards him. You had always respected him as a superior when you were a regular soldier, but after your promotion you grew a little closer to him. He seemed to tolerate your existence more than he did with other people and he would often request you to bring his tea, or sometimes when he worked late again, his dinner as well.
After all you were a kind person and he probably just appreciated that you could manage dealing with his seemingly cold personality.

Finally, after working for almost three hours straight on your paperwork you were finished. You decided you deserved a little rest so you laid down your jacked and unbuttoned the first few buttons of your shirt. You put your feet up on the table, smiling at the thought of the time you did that in Levis presence. He looked like he had just seen a ghost and then made you clean your shoes and table with bleach and a bunch of different brushes. A knock on the door of your office pulled you out of your little day dream.

"Squad Leader (F/N)? This is Christa here. Squad Leader Hanji told me to get you. It is an emergency!" a tiny and rather shaky voice spoke.

"I will be there in a minute, Christa" you said and stud up. "Emergency" was Hanjis code word for (how Hanji had said it) "Oh mah god, I am so bored and I want to talk to you. And if you don't come here quickly, I am going to tell shorty about your crush. Yeah, I know, I am evil."
A sigh escaped your lips and you went out to visit Hanji in her office. You strolled through the corridors and looked out of the windows. It was a nice day today, warm and sunny, but not to hot and you could see the newbies training outside. They could need some supervision, you mentally wrote down. The recruits looked more like lost puppies than soldiers.

"Yeah, they're real shit this year" a cold voice next to you said. You turned to see who you expected to see – Levi. You smiled and answered:

"What can we do? The Corps need more people. I'd give them a little more time. They'll be just fine soon."

"Just fine as titan bait maybe. But enough of that, where are you going? Don't you have any paperwork to do?"

"I've already finished mine. Hanji called me into her office."

"I see. And the reason for you informal attire (F/N)?" You realized what he meant as you looked down. Your shirt was still opened quite low and you were not wearing your jacket or your 3dmg straps.

"Ah, sorry. Sir" you muttered and buttoned your shirt up again. "I was just trying to relax a little bit, earlier and forgot about it."

"Tch. You know you are the same rank as me now. No 'sir', just Levi." he said.

"Yeah, of course. Sorry, it's just a habit."

"I wonder what Hanji wants from us, do you know anything?"