Intro - Chapter 1 - Flip the Switch

Tono Hifumi pointed the tip of his katana at a young girl's throat. Her slender neck trembling in fear, the girl made no sounds while staring tearfully at the katana pointed at her throat.

 Her slender neck trembling in fear, the girl made no sounds while staring tearfully at the katana pointed at her throat

The Japanese sword is a beautiful weapon. A blade crest which is said to be the "Scent of determination" is not a simple curved surface and has a personality that carries a sharpness that sublimates the real nature of the blade.

And now,

It's a beautiful girl.

Hifumi, glancing at the girl thought.

She had beautiful silvery grey hair, now slightly blue because of the tears falling from her clear greenish-blue pupils devoid of malice. Their eyes met. Her eyes clearly showing fear. Shaking, tears streaked down her pale cheeks.

The girl does not seem like a villain. Hifumi felt doubt. Without breaking eye contact, Hifumi expanded his field of vision to encompass his surroundings. This was very difficult for ordinary people, however it was but a simple matter for Hifumi. Visiting the boundary of life and death many times during his insane training has led to this result.

It was an old fashioned, but luxurious, room of about 20 tatami (EN: For a rough estimation, imagine 20 or so twin sized beds, that's how big the floor is). The walls were made of stone, and without windows, the only light came from the flickering torches on the walls. On the opposite side of the girl, a great double-door exit was visible. Only a foot away from the place where Hifumi and the girl stood, covered completely in armour, a Knight holding a short spear for indoor use pointed it at Hifumi with an expression of anger and shouted

「Get away from the Princess!」

Hifumi did not react to the angry voice of the Knight.

Calmly analysing his surroundings, Hifumi confirmed six people armed with the same equipment.

He could not see behind him, but the sounds behind him gave away the number of people.

At a glance, he saw that the armour was of a really tough metal. The helmets were also tight against their cheeks, having almost no weak points. He made an educated guess and thrust the point of his katana at a certain spot. Well, I guess you do now.

From their behavior, while feeling that there were no enemies of a comparable skill level, he recalled the circumstances that led to this situation...

That day, Hifumi had finished his daily morning practice and was sitting in meditation in front of the dojo. Slowly inhaling the crisp and cold morning air, and feeling something within him stir. A slight quiver passed through him while suppressing that feeling.

For Hifumi, this abnormal and severe practice of mind and matter was also a time for him to relax more than anything else. Once he reached 18, it seemed to have settled down, or rather, he's acting more his age and enjoying anime, manga and novels relaxedly.