Vol 7 - Chapter 51 - Black or White

While the female knight Phyrinion was advancing along the highway on horse, she pouted in dissatisfaction.

"Why? Is it absolutely necessary for me to go to such remote district such as Fokalore?" (Phyrinion)

The clothes and food was placed in a small carriage that is following her in the back. Earl Biron's messenger, who was on guard duty at the time of camping, is sleeping within the carriage. Krinola (T/N: >> kurinora <<), that has come along as Phyrinion's maid from her parent's home, acted as coachman.

"Fokalore isn't at the end of the nation any more, ojou-sama." (Krinola)

Phyrinion sighed as Krinola, being a few years younger than the 18-years old Phyrinion, innocently tsukkomi'd.

"I know about that too! But it's strange. Something like deploying a member of a knight unit to help a feudal lord. Moreover, is this really Sabnak's duty?" (Phyrinion)

While her green tender hair sways in the wind, Phyrinion can't stop to complain.

"However, rather than doing such dangerous work such as being a knight, the way of taking care of the territorial administration of a city is a relief for me as well. It has become a rumor in the city that the war has already ended, too. They say, the Lord-sama of Fokalore, where we are currently heading towards, has played an active role to influence this or something like that." (Krinola)

Is she happy that Phyrinion left the workplace where she would very likely be involved in a battle? Krinola has been continuously in a good mood since hearing about the matter of being transferred.

"... It's a blessing, if you don't know about it, right?" (Phyrinion)

Phyrinion, who is affiliated with the Third Knight Order, is naturally aware of the person called Hifumi. As she slipped into the masses at the succession announcement of the princess just like Sabnak, she has also seen the face of the person himself.

"Although his face is slightly immature, he is well-equipped. But his contents..." (Phyrinion)

Recalling Hifumi's face she saw from far away, she remembered the personal history she read in the subsequent report.

"Ojou-sama, what's wrong?" (Krinola)

"Nothing. How far is it until Fokalore?" (Phyrinion)

"We have already entered the Tohno territory. We will arrive tomorrow." (Krinola)

"... Oh?" (Phyrinion)

While conversing with each other, Phyrinion's view is observing the highway ahead. Something is approaching while rising a cloud of dust was in sight.

"Krinola, get the carriage off the highway! Something unknown is approaching us with great speed." (Phyrinion)

"Y-Yes!" (Krinola)

Krinola, steering with the reins, immediately moves the carriage away from the highway. Biron's messenger also jumped up to his feet with the carriage hitting the bumps on the ground.

"Did something happen?" (Messenger)

During the time when Krinola is explaining the situation, Phyrinion leaves the highway as well.

"What's going on? Good grief..." (Phyrinion)

Drawing her sword for caution's sake, Phyrinion, who dismounts her horse and waits besides the carriage, wiped the sweat, that drenched her palm, with a cloth.
Frankly, I have no confidence in my swordsmanship.Admiring female knights, she practiced enthusiastically for a period of time, but it was no good after she realized the fun of territorial administration. Because she was placed in the knight unit by her father for interfering with the administration too much, she restarted her training more or less, but in terms of skills she was at the lowest ranks amongst the knight unit.