Vol 6 - Chapter 45 - Killer Queen

"What's the story with us gathering here, I wonder?"

"It is an announcement by Princess-sama and that Hero-sama, you know."

"The knight-sama with the thin sword? I heard he played an active role again!"

"They say he repelled the large army of Vichy with a few soldiers."

The topic of the noisy populace, if one had to say, it is one-sidedly focusing on the new noble of Fokalore, Hifumi, rather than on the princess, but it was mostly due to Hifumi's orders that it became the talk of the town.
Because of the Third Knight Unit being nonchalantly mixed up within the crowd, although it would be announced by Princess Imeraria after this, the matter of Hifumi's involvement had been circulated already. This kind of information manipulation work was the first time for the Third Knight Unit, but because of Sabnak leading the operation after having received the request from Origa, it was effective to the degree of surprising all of the knight unit.
Sabnak is also slipping into the crowd.

"Apparently that knight of the thin sword is within the royal castle currently. I am told he has achieved amazing war results with Vichy as his opponent, you know?" (Sabnak)

While buying sweets at a stall, he spreads the topic as gossip.

"Ou, I guess he will again receive a reward from Imeraria-sama. He is a great fellow."

While smiling at the good response of the old man manning the stall, he watches the reaction of his surroundings in a casual manner and understands that all of the people in this place, the voice had reached, are indeed listening carefully with great interest.
(Good grief, what a way of manipulating the hearts of people. It is a personality resembling the demons from fairy-tales.) (Sabnak)
While continuing the mission, Sabnak had a complicated feeling whether he should feel happy or frightened having accepted this kind of personality in the requested matter.
In the meanwhile, the Third Knight Unit checked everyone standing in front of the royal castle. "Soon the princess will make her appearance!" they repeated continuously in a loud voice.
Even as their voice become hoarse close to being mute, the crowd doesn't cease to chatter.

"Oh, Princess-sama!"

With someone raising their voice, the commotion subsides. The knights having exhausted their throats ended up feeling depressed.
Having made her appearance on the balcony, it was Princess Imeraria.
And next to her was Hifumi. In a shadowy place near the back Origa could vaguely be seen waiting.
(Well then, what will happen this time?) (Sabnak)
Sabnak had already a feeling that it wasn't about something possibly happening but rather about something definitely going to happen.

◆◇◆◇◆

Not being at the audience hall anymore, Imeraria had personally invited Hifumi to her office. Urging him into the reception sofa, a maid prepared black tea.

"So, it is about this time's case, but... " (Hifumi)

"The entire situation is my responsibility. Although the matter with Pajou is regrettable, I only implore you to not punish the other knight units and the people at the castle. Can you accept just this much... ?" (Imeraria)

Interrupting the topic Hifumi has started, Imeraria straight away apologizes like that.

"Ah, that's fine already. Even if I acted violently now, it would only be a story of repeatedly dealing with shitty opponents anyway. That's boring." (Hifumi)

"In the first place, far from having a foundation in group combat, there isn't even decent training in inter-personal combat, don't you agree?" a worn-out dissatisfaction began to leak out from Hifumi's mouth on the occasion.
Although it is strange, Imeraria was relieved that the standard of this castle's knight's didn't raise Hifumi's interest.