Chapter 4

We went to the park to have our whole day practice, and after a while we decided to take a break.

"By the way, are we friends now?" He suddenly asked.

"Aren't we already friends after you make fun of me and punched me twice?" he aggregately said.

"Uhm, let me think." then I act like I'm thinking.

"Okay. We're friends from now on. " then I offer my hand to him as a sign of our friendship. Then he accepted my offer.

"Friends" he said smiling.

On the day of our performance

On the day of our performance. I feel so nervous, because I'm not used to sing in front of a lot of people. I am trying to calm myself when someone poked me.

"Hey Sammy are you ready?" Gab asked me.

I can see in his eyes that he's trying to cheer me up and to make me feel better.

"I've never been ready in my whole life." I said nervously.

"That's okay, I know you can do it." He said then pats my head.

Then, after a while the program started. After three performance, it's our turn. Oh my goodness, it's happening.

"Ladies and Gentlemen let's give a round of applause to Ms. Samantha Fontanilla and Gabriel Lutter." The host warmly presents us.

"Let's do this" Gabriel whispers on my ear. And I smiled back on him and proceed to the stage.

He started strumming his guitar and so as I in singing.

I like being independent

Not so much of an investment

No one to tell me what to do

I like being myself

Don't got to entertain anybody else

No one to answer to

♫♫♫

I looked at the crowd, checking if they are enjoying our performance.

The reason why I choose this song is because it speaks my soul. I'm an independent girl, I can live alone without the help of others. I don't entertain people, that's why I have no friends. When someone tries to befriend me, I always push them away because I don't want them to see my weak side. I also don't want people to be near me because I get easily attached and some are abusing me, some tries to make friends of me because I am rich and pretty, but they are just using me so I stop finding friends. I also, really don't know what it feels to love and to be loved.

But sometimes, I just want somebody to hold

Someone to give me their jacket when it's cold

Got that young love even when were old

Yeah sometimes, I want someone to grab my hand

Pick me up, pull me close, be my man

I will love you till the end

So if you're out there I swear to be good to you.

But I'm done looking, for my future someone

Cause when the time is right

You'll be here, but for now

Dear no one, this is your love song. ♫♫♫

But sometimes I want to have someone who is there to understand and listen to my rants; I want someone to hold my hand and someone who is there for me to comfort me when I'm sad. I'm only human, I have imperfections and own flaws and I'm also in need of love... And I know, someone's out there for me.

After that our performance ended the whole crowd was shouting that they enjoyed the song.

"Your voice is so beautiful, I think I'm falling in love with you" Gab said.

I don't know why but my heart starts beating so fast and I can feel some knot on my stomach that I can't even give him a response.

"Hey Sammy, are you okay?" he asked me again.

"Ah yes, of course!" I said and try to compose my voice so it would not be obvious that I feel nervous.

After all of the performances, the host announced the winner.

"And now we have the result of the contest.....And the winner is......" the host said, then the drum rolls, the crowds was shouting and I can feel my heart beating so fast again.

"Ms. Samantha Fontanilla and Mr. Gabriel Lutter!" the host continues.

I was in a total shocked when I hear our name. Then he hugged me and I hugged him in return.

"Yes we won, we won!" Gab said with a wide smile.

Rue's Point of View

After Samantha's performance I was left there with my eyes and mouth wide open, extremely amazed on Samantha's angelic face and lovely voice. My heart is beating right off my chest and I don't know how to act normal. It's like I feel something electrifying while Samantha is singing. My whole world just stop, the moment she sings. Yes I know that's downright corny but I think I'm in love with her. Sounds okay? No. Is this love at first sight? No. I don't know.

By the way I'm Reu Buenavente a hopeless romantic.